Finding the perfect espresso machine on a budget can be like finding a needle in a haystack and premium brews don’t always demand premium prices.
This guide unveils 10 top-tier espresso machines under $100, proving that delicious espressos are within reach without emptying your wallet.
10 Best Espresso Machines Under $100: At A Glance
- Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Machine: Best Overall
- Casabrews 3700 Essential Espresso Machine: Best Compact Option
- SOWTECH Espresso Coffee Machine: Best Budget Option
- Coffee Gator Espresso Machine: Best For Versatility
- De’Longhi Stilosa Manual Espresso Machine: Best Design
- Mixpresso Espresso Machine For Nespresso Capsules: Best Capsule
- Capresso 117.05 Pump Espresso Machine: Best For Ease Of Use
- Bialetti Moka Express: Best Stovetop
- WACACO Nanopresso Portable Espresso Maker: Best For Travel
- Hamilton Beach Espresso Machine With Steamer: Best With Frother
1. Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Machine: Best Overall
- Make delicious espresso and cappuccino at home.
- Easy to use with simple buttons.
- Enjoy frothy milk drinks with the built-in milk frother.
- Saves space with its compact design: 9.84″D x 10.63″ W x 12.4″H.
- Lightweight and easy to move, weighing only 6.4 pounds.
- Includes a reusable filter for less waste and more savings.
Making cafe-quality espresso at home with the Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Machine is simple which is why we picked it as our #1 choice.
This Espresso machine allows you to start your day with a rich, bold espresso with ease.
The powerful steam brewing process delivers just that, perfect for Cuban coffee lovers or anyone seeking robust flavor.
This machine stands out because it’s not just about espresso — the stainless steel frothing pitcher and integrated wand let you create luscious lattes and cappuccinos too.
You get to control how light or creamy the froth is for your drink, just like a professional barista.
Plus, the water pitcher markings mean no more guessing; you’ll brew the right amount every time.
Here’s why it’s our top pick: its versatility meets performance without breaking your budget.
With features usually found in pricier models — like a 4-shot extra-large portafilter and easy-to-use measuring scoop — this machine punches well above its weight class.
- Brews rich, dark espresso perfect for Cuban coffee lovers—get your caffeine kick with style.
- The included stainless steel frothing pitcher lets you steam milk like a pro—for cappuccinos and lattes that wow.
- Clearwater pitcher markings mean no more guesswork—consistent results every time you brew.
- Easy to level and scoop the right amount of coffee—with the measuring scoop, it’s a piece of cake.
- The handle on the basket holder is flimsy and some customers reported that it gave out after 6 weeks.
- The frother is not the best, however, this is to be expected due to the budget nature of this espresso machine.
The Verdict: The Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Machine is a match made in heaven for the coffee lover who craves barista-quality espresso at home without denting your wallet.
2. Casabrews 3700 Essential Espresso Machine: Best Compact Option
- Makes lattes, cappuccinos, and espressos with a powerful 20-bar pump.
- Comes with a milk frother steam wand for creamy foam.
- Compact size perfect for home or office use.
- Includes filters for one or two cups of coffee.
- Easy to operate with semi-automatic mode and button controls.
- Made of brushed stainless steel for durability.
The Casabrews 3700 Essential Espresso Machine shines as a top pick for coffee lovers who value both quality and space-saving design.
With its sleek stainless steel look, this compact machine fits cozily in any kitchen, no matter the size.
This machine easily allows you to start your day with a barista-level espresso, cappuccino, or latte right at home.
Its powerful steam wand whips up velvety microfoam perfect for your latte art ambitions.
This professional-grade espresso maker boasts a 20-bar pressure system, ensuring each cup has maximum flavor and aroma.
You won’t be stuck waiting around either; thanks to a quick-heating 1350W motor, your morning boost is ready in moments.
Plus, it’s user-friendly: refill water easily with the removable 49 oz tank and clean up in a snap by lifting out the drip tray.
The interface boasts a straightforward arrangement of four uncomplicated buttons.
Once you secure your portafilter and choose your desired serving size, the machine seamlessly initiates the brewing process, effortlessly delivering either a single or double shot of espresso.
This CASABREWS machine delivers café-quality drinks without breaking the bank or crowding your countertop.
It comes complete with all you need to start brewing – including thoughtful extras like tamper and filters – making it an excellent option for anyone looking to upgrade their coffee routine without splurging too much.
- Brew like a barista with the 20-bar pressure pump—pulls perfect, flavor-rich shots every time.
- Steam wand whips up frothy milk—makes dreamy lattes and cappuccinos right at home.
- Fits any kitchen with its sleek, compact design—save space without skimping on style.
- Big 49 oz water tank means more coffee, less refill hassle—keeps the java flowing.
- Filter head installation can be somewhat challenging and may require frequent adjustments.
- The small suction cups at the machine’s base are ineffective, often necessitating the purchase of larger ones.
The Verdict: The Casabrews 3700 Essential Espresso Machine is perfect for coffee enthusiasts who want to make barista-level drinks right from their cozy kitchens.
3. SOWTECH Espresso Coffee Machine: Best Budget Option
- Brews rich espresso with a simple one-button operation.
- Comes with a built-in milk frother for creamy lattes and cappuccinos.
- The compact design fits easily on kitchen counters or small spaces.
- The sleek black color matches different kitchen styles.
- Made by SOWTECH, known for affordable quality appliances.
The SOWTECH Espresso Coffee Machine packs a punch for coffee lovers on a budget.
If you crave that rich cappuccino or velvety latte in the comfort of your home, this machine has got you covered.
It comes with everything needed to get started: a multifunctional steam wand, filter, funnel, spoon, carafe, and even a pin for cleaning the milk froth tube.
Its small size won’t hog counter space and its sleek black design looks sharp in any kitchen.
Using this machine is as easy as pie—just one touch is all it takes to brew up to four cups of espresso.
You can impress friends with your barista skills by whipping up some dense milk froth using whole milk—no more watery foam!
The automatic temperature control means no fussing around; perfect for those hectic mornings when you need caffeine fast.
It’s ideal for anyone wanting to step into the world of espresso without breaking the bank—and who doesn’t love that?
With easy operation and consistent performance, brewing your daily shot becomes a simple pleasure rather than an expensive chore at the local café.
- This Espresso Machine is a real deal for your wallet, giving you fancy coffee shop vibes without breaking the bank.
- It’s cute and compact – fits perfectly in any kitchen, plus it’s so quiet, you’ll forget it’s even there.
- Dreaming of creamy lattes and cappuccinos? Whip up frothy milk with ease—just make sure to grab some whole milk!
- Dial in and brew one to four cups of rich espresso; just one touch does all the magic.
- Limited to 3.5 bar pressure – can’t match the power of professional machines.
- The coffee produced has more strength than a drip machine but lacks the authentic espresso flavor.
The Verdict: The SOWTECH Espresso Machine is perfect for budget-conscious coffee lovers who want to craft cappuccinos and lattes at home without fuss.
4. Coffee Gator Espresso Machine: Best For Versatility
- Brews rich espresso with a smooth cream on top.
- Comes with a built-in milk frother for creamy lattes and cappuccinos.
- Has a removable water tank for easy refilling and cleaning.
- Fits well in small spaces, thanks to its compact size.
- Features a detachable drip tray for quick cleanup.
- Allows the use of E.S.E Espresso pods and ground coffee.
The Coffee Gator Espresso Machine steps up your coffee game with its versatility and ease of use.
This espresso machine allows you to whip up lattes, cappuccinos, or macchiatos.
The adjustable steam wand creates creamy foam from your milk of choice.
When you move the pitcher away from the wand, it turns big bubbles into small, cloud-like microfoam, making your latte or cappuccino taste amazing.
It’s compact enough not to hog space yet brings the power of a 20-bar pump for rich espresso flavor every time.
You’ll appreciate the control it gives you over each cup.
With a pressurized portafilter and options for both grounds and E.S.E pods, even a beginner can feel like a pro barista.
And when friends are over, switch from small espresso cups to larger mugs just by removing the bottom tray—no fuss needed.
Cleaning is often a hassle with espresso makers, but not with this one!
The drip tray comes out easily, and there’s an auto-purge function on the steam wand to keep things tidy after milk frothing.
The user-friendly display is designed for simplicity, with only three buttons on the front (for hot water, power, and steam) and a side dial that lets you easily start brewing, use the steam wand, or get hot water.
It’s straightforward even if you’re new to using it.
With this machine at hand, you’re always just moments away from enjoying your favorite coffee shop creations without leaving home.
- Fits in tight spaces — this espresso machine is more compact than most, but still has everything you need to make a great drink.
- Customize your brew — with the 20 bar pressure and controlled heating, you get to play barista and tweak your coffee’s taste just how you like it.
- No fuss clean-up — features like the removable drip tray and auto-purge on the wand make cleaning up super easy!
- Variety at your fingertips — whether it’s lattes or macchiatos, this machine comes equipped with a milk frother so you can craft any coffee concoction.
- After just two months, the machine’s pressure dropped, and it appeared to develop a leak.
- It can generate significant noise and vibration, which may not be ideal for shared spaces.
The Verdict: The Coffee Gator Espresso Machine is perfect for coffee lovers who crave variety and control in their brews—whether you’re making lattes, cappuccinos, or macchiatos, this versatile machine puts the power of a barista right in your kitchen.
5. De’Longhi Stilosa Manual Espresso Machine: Best Design
- It has a manual operation mode, putting you in control of your espresso.
- It includes a milk frother to make creamy lattes and cappuccinos.
- Comes with a reusable filter to cut down on waste and save money.
- Has a decent 33.8 fl. oz water tank for multiple servings without refilling.
- Designed with sleek black and stainless steel to look good in any kitchen.
- Features easy-to-use buttons for simple interfacing during use.
Bring the coffee shop to your kitchen with the De’Longhi Stilosa Manual Espresso Machine.
With this machine, you can easily turn into a barista right at home, crafting rich espressos, lattes, and cappuccinos any time you want.
This machine’s 15-bar pump pressure is just what you need for full-flavored single or double shots of espresso.
You’ll love how simple it is to use.
You’ll find a single dial on the display – simply turn it to the right to brew espresso or to the left to steam milk.
It’s a straightforward setup, perfect for those who are new to espresso machines.
This sleek machine doesn’t just brew great coffee – it looks good doing it too! Its compact design fits neatly on your counter without hogging space.
Plus, cleaning up is a breeze.
There’s a removable water tank with a capacity of 33.8 ounces, which adds to the overall convenience of the machine.
The manual milk frother puts you in control as you steam milk for that perfect creamy texture top-notch drinks demand.
And don’t worry about leaving the machine on; its auto shut-off feature has got your back.
You get everything needed to start right away: A portafilter, tamper, filters for different servings of espresso, measuring spoon, and all the guides to hit the ground running – not forgetting a 1-year warranty if things go south.
Despite some of its parts being made of plastic, which is to be expected considering its budget-friendly price, the Stilosa proves to be quite durable, ensuring a long-lasting performance that justifies its cost.
Moreover, it heats up rapidly, allowing users to enjoy a delicious espresso in just a matter of minutes.
- Brew like a pro with the 15 BAR pump—extracts rich espresso every time.
- Get creative with the manual milk frother—whip up lattes and cappuccinos just how you like them.
- Save space in style—the Stilosa adds a modern touch to your kitchen without crowding it.
- Enjoy peace of mind—the auto shut-off feature keeps things safe and energy-efficient.
- The machine’s height is limited, making it unsuitable for standard cups, requiring the removal of the overflow drain cover to accommodate your cup.
- The included plastic scoop and tamp are fine, but you might need to upgrade to higher-quality alternatives.
The Verdict: The De’Longhi Stilosa is perfect for the coffee enthusiast on a budget, who values rich taste and sleek design.
6. Mixpresso Espresso Machine For Nespresso Capsules: Best Capsule
- The Mixpresso Espresso Machine works with Nespresso capsules, so making your favorite coffee is quick and easy.
- It’s fully automatic with simple button controls, making your morning routine smoother.
- At only 5 pounds and dimensions of 5″D x 12″ W x 9.2″H, it won’t take up much space on your counter.
- With a modern style and sleek black color, this machine will look great in any kitchen.
- Enjoy the convenience of a removable water tank which makes refills and cleaning hassle-free.
The Mixpresso Espresso Machine packs a powerful punch for coffee lovers.
It features a premium Italian 19-bar pressure pump that brings out the rich flavors of your Nespresso-compatible capsules.
You can easily start your day with a barista-style espresso right from your kitchen, all in just 25-30 seconds!
Plus, this machine has two cup settings — short and long — so you can enjoy your coffee just the way you like it.
This compact powerhouse is an excellent choice if you’re tight on space but don’t want to compromise on taste or quality.
Its decently sized water tank holds 27 ounces, meaning more espressos between refills.
The Mixpresso Espresso Machine also respects your energy bill with its auto shut-off feature kicking in after one hour of idleness.
Cleaning up is a breeze too; detach its drip tray and give it a quick rinse.
Coffee enthusiasts will appreciate the convenience and versatility of this single-serve coffee maker.
Whether you’re rushing off to work or enjoying a lazy Sunday morning, this machine delivers consistent results every time.
And for peace of mind, there’s customer support ready to help with any issues for an entire year under warranty.
- Enjoy barista-style coffee at home with the 19-bar high-pressure pump for rich espresso.
- Save energy and stay safe – the machine turns off after 1 hour automatically.
- Use any Nespresso capsule, no need to stick to one brand – freedom of choice!
- Quick and easy steps for coffee in under 30 seconds, perfect when you’re on the go.
- The 27oz tank may need frequent refills if you’re making multiple cups back to back.
- Coffee lovers who enjoy lattes and cappuccinos will miss out; there’s no built-in frother for milk.
The Verdict: The Mixpresso Espresso Machine is perfect for busy coffee lovers who crave quick, barista-quality espressos at home—just pop in a capsule and enjoy a rich cup in under 30 seconds.
7. Capresso 117.05 Pump Espresso Machine: Best For Ease Of Use
- The Capresso 117.05 is designed for simple operation, making it great for beginners.
- At 11.5 x 7.5 x 11.5 inches and weighing only 8 pounds, it fits well in small spaces.
- Has a pretty nice-looking design and decent build quality for the price.
- The machine comes with a single knob that is simple to use.
If you love a hot cup of espresso, the Capresso 117.05 might just be the perfect option for you.
It’s designed to make your coffee experience smooth and easy.
It’s as simple as pressing a button and seeing the indicator lights guide you through brewing without guesswork.
This machine is sleek with its stainless steel and black accents—it looks great on any kitchen counter.
You get perfect froth every time thanks to the high-pressure frother, ideal for cappuccinos or lattes.
Plus, it has a removable 42-ounce water tank that makes refills and cleaning simple.
With its clever self-locking filter holder, clean-up becomes super simple.
You can spend more time enjoying your espresso and less time scrubbing away at complicated parts.
The Capresso Espresso Machine stands out because it keeps espresso at just the right temperature with its metal warming platform.
You won’t get that bitter taste that comes from sitting too long; instead, you’ll have consistent quality in every sip.
Even if you’re new to home-brewed espresso, this machine takes care of all the details so you can enjoy professional results without needing barista skills!
- Flip the switch and see when it’s ready – easy “On/Off” indicator light!
- Get that perfect creamy top on your coffee with high – pressure frothing.
- No mess, no fuss – snap in the filter, brew, and clean up quick.
- If you need to refill, just pull out the water tank and you’re good to go.
- The coffee it produces isn’t sufficiently hot, even after allowing the machine to warm up.
- Despite its appealing design, there’s a noticeable presence of cheap-looking and feeling plastic components in the machine.
The Verdict: Ideal for the busy coffee enthusiast, the Capresso 117.05 Pump Espresso Machine offers quick, barista-style drinks with a simple touch—no fuss or mess.
8. Bialetti Moka Express: Best Stovetop
- Brews rich espresso on your stove at home.
- The portable design makes it easy to take camping or traveling.
- The removable water tank simplifies filling and cleaning.
- Compact size fits neatly on any kitchen counter: 4 inches deep, 4 inches wide, 9 inches high.
- The classic aluminum silver color matches most kitchen styles.
- Made by Bialetti, a trusted name in coffee makers.
The Bialetti Moka Express is a staple for coffee lovers who crave the taste of authentic Italian espresso without leaving home.
This iconic stovetop maker transforms your morning routine into a rich coffee experience.
You fill the chamber, scoop in your favorite ground beans, and watch as it brews on the stove.
In minutes, it gurgles to life signaling your perfect espresso is ready.
Crafted with care in Italy since 1933, its aluminum body and ergonomic handle make it both durable and comfortable to use daily.
Clean-up is super simple—just rinse with water.
With that being said, the Moka Express will require hand washing after every use, which can make maintenance slightly annoying.
Plus, its patented safety valve adds peace of mind by making cleaning easy.
And for those who wanderlust or camp often? Take this portable pot along to enjoy top-notch coffee anywhere you go.
Brewing six cups at once makes the Bialetti ideal for gatherings or just stocking up on caffeine for those extra-long days.
Its sleek silver design looks sharp in any kitchen and can be used on gas, electric, or propane stoves—and there’s even an adapter plate for induction hobs sold separately.
With the Bialetti Moka Express, every sip feels like a small escape to a cozy Italian café right from your own home.
- Stovetop simplicity – Make real Italian coffee with ease on any gas, electric, or induction stove (induction requires adapter plate).
- Just rinse and repeat – Clean it fast without soap; just water needed — no dishwasher means preserving the flavor.
- Perfect size options – Whether you want a single shot or more, choose from different sizes to match your coffee needs.
- Authentic design – Enjoy a piece of coffee history from Italy since 1933 with the Moka Express’s classic look and top-notch quality.
- The handle becomes hot to the touch, so using a towel or oven mitt when removing it from the stove is advisable.
- While it doesn’t brew true espresso due to lower pressure compared to professional machines, the coffee it produces is still rich, flavorful, and serves as an excellent alternative to espresso.
The Verdict: The Bialetti Moka Express is perfect for the coffee lover who cherishes authentic Italian espresso and enjoys the ritual of brewing it at home.
9. WACACO Nanopresso Portable Espresso Maker: Best For Travel
- Makes espresso on the go with the WACACO Nanopresso.
- Easy to carry around because it’s portable and manual.
- Small size fits in any bag: 2.8″ deep, 2.44″ wide, 6.14″ high.
- Stylish look that is available in four different colors.
- Enjoy your coffee anywhere without needing electricity.
- Comes from WACACO, a brand known for quality coffee gadgets.
The portable WACACO NANAPRESSO is perfect for those who can’t live without their espresso, even on the go.
This travel-friendly gadget is a game-changer with an 18-bar pressure system, rivaling expensive machines in your favorite cafe.
Without needing batteries or electricity, just your own hands to pump, it serves up rich shots topped with that dreamy crema layer you love.
The beauty of this Nanopresso lies in its simplicity and power.
Its compact design makes it ideal for any kitchen or office space, saving you both room and hassle compared to bulky traditional machines.
Let’s talk about cleanliness; the portafilter components detach easily—no more coffee grounds stuck in impossible places!
You have options too: grab extra accessories like the NS Adapter for Nespresso** capsules or a Barista Kit for double shots.
No plugs nearby? No problem.
You can effortlessly prepare a fresh espresso by scooping ground coffee beans into the filter basket, adding hot water, and extracting it using the piston.
What’s more, the cap also serves as a handy cup, making it an all-in-one solution for camping, traveling, and various other activities.
- Brews rich, creamy espresso – get that perfect crema layer every time!
- Take it anywhere – small and manual, with no need for batteries or electricity.
- Strong pressure pump – reaches up to 18 bars with just your hands.
- Easy to clean parts – keep everything tidy with components that separate fast.
- No included accessories – you must buy extras like the NS Adapter or Barista Kit to expand your coffee options.
- Manual pumping required – some might find it tiring to pump for their espresso shot, especially when on the go.
- Needs fine grounds and a firm tamp – getting that perfect shot takes practice and effort, which may be a challenge for beginners.
The Verdict: The WACACO Nanopresso Portable Espresso Maker is perfect for coffee lovers on the go — whether you’re a busy professional needing a caffeine fix at the office or an adventurer seeking a quality espresso while camping.
10. Hamilton Beach Espresso Machine With Steamer: Best With Frother
- Enjoy creamy lattes and cappuccinos with the built-in milk frother.
- Fits easily on your counter, with dimensions of 8.2″D x 13″ W x 12.31″H.
- The machine is sleek and stylish in black, matching any kitchen decor.
- Easy to fill and clean thanks to the removable water tank.
- Built by Hamilton Beach, a trusted name in kitchen appliances.
This sleek Hamilton Beach Espresso machine lets you whip up rich, creamy lattes and frothy cappuccinos right at home.
The key is in its powerful milk frother that turns milk into thick foam in seconds.
Plus, this machine packs a punch with a 15-bar Italian pump to extract full flavor from your grounds or pods.
With this espresso machine, you can serve two cups of espresso at once, perfect for when friends come over.
And don’t worry about messes—the removable parts make cleaning up fast and easy.
The water tank, drip tray, and frothing nozzle—all remove easily.
Just wash them in warm soapy water, and you’re done.
Fill the large water 50 oz. reservoir without hassle and always see how much water is left.
Whether it’s ground coffee or pods you prefer, get ready for cafe-quality drinks every time.
Touching on both utility and ease, this Hamilton Beach Espresso Maker fits neatly into your daily routine, even if mornings aren’t your thing.
Remember those times when making espresso felt complicated?
This machine simplifies everything with simple push-button controls while still letting you play barista at home.
With that being said, while the machine is really simple to use, don’t expect the quality of espresso shots to be at the level of a higher-end espresso machine.
- Clean up’s a breeze—yank out the water tank, drip tray, and other parts to wash them quick in soapy water.
- No more refills mid-brew; the big 50 oz. water tank pops right off for easy filling.
- Make two drinks at once! Double spouts mean you and a friend get your espresso fix together.
- Frothy goodness on tap—with a fancy milk frother, you’ll whip up delicious lattes in no time.
- The performance doesn’t quite match up to that of a commercial-grade espresso machine, but it still manages to deliver robust espresso shots.
- Certain parts of the maker look and feel noticeably cheap.
The Verdict: The Hamilton Beach Espresso Machine is perfect for the coffee enthusiast who loves rich, creamy lattes and sharp espressos right at home.
Best Espresso Machine Under $100: A Buyer’s Guide
Finding the perfect espresso machine within a budget can be challenging, especially if you’re aiming to stay under the $100 mark.
However, with careful consideration of key factors, you can find a machine that brews high-quality espresso without breaking the bank.
This guide outlines essential aspects to consider when searching for the best espresso machine under $100.
Type Of Machine (Manual, Semi-Automatic, Automatic)
You control every step with a manual espresso maker.
You grind the coffee beans, pack the grounds into the portafilter, and pump water through to make your shot.
It takes practice but lets you craft your espresso just how you like it.
These machines are perfect if you love being hands-on and want to feel like a true barista.
Semi-automatic machines are a middle ground.
They require some work—like grinding beans and loading the portafilter—but manage water pressure themselves, making them easier than manual ones.
Automatic options go further; they do most of the job for you, often including a built-in grinder for fresh grounds at the touch of a button.
If convenience is key for your busy mornings or you’re new to brewing espresso at home, these might be what you’re looking for.
However, keep in mind that super-automatic machines are usually well over $100 and tend to be on the expensive side.
The pressure of an espresso machine is crucial for extracting a rich and flavorful espresso shot.
Ideally, look for a machine that offers at least 9 bars of pressure, which is the standard for espresso brewing.
However, in this price range, machines might operate at lower pressures.
Pay attention to how the machine generates pressure (e.g., pump-driven vs. steam-driven), as this can affect the quality of the espresso.
Consider the water tank and bean hopper capacity, especially if you plan to make multiple espressos back-to-back.
A larger capacity means less frequent refilling, which is convenient for heavy use.
However, in the under $100 category, machines may have smaller capacities, making them more suitable for individual use or small households.
Ease of Use and Cleaning
Look for machines that are straightforward to operate and clean.
Single-serve machines often excel in this area since they use pods instead of ground coffee, significantly reducing cleanup.
If opting for a manual machine, check if the components are easy to disassemble and clean.
Also, consider whether the machine has removable water tanks and drip trays for easier maintenance.
Durability and Build Quality
Even at a lower price point, you want a machine that lasts.
Research the materials used in construction (e.g., plastic vs. metal components) and read user reviews for insights into the machine’s longevity.
While more affordable machines might predominantly use plastic, look for those with a reputation for durability.
Additional features might not be plentiful in this price range but consider what’s available.
Some machines might offer milk frothers, adjustable settings for shot size, or even water temperature control.
Decide which features are must-haves for your coffee experience.
Brand and Warranty
The reputation of the brand can be a good indicator of quality and customer service.
Look for brands known for their coffee machines and check the warranty details.
A good warranty can offer peace of mind, ensuring that you’re covered in case of defects or issues.
The Final Verdict: What Is The Best Espresso Machine Under $100?
We chose the Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Machine as the best espresso machine under $100 due to its simplicity, versatility, and affordability.
This compact and lightweight machine allows you to effortlessly make delicious espresso, cappuccinos, and lattes at home with its easy-to-use buttons and built-in milk frother.
It stands out for its powerful steam brewing process, ensuring a bold and flavorful espresso.
The included stainless steel frothing pitcher and integrated wand let you customize your milk froth, just like a professional barista.
Additionally, the water pitcher markings eliminate guesswork, ensuring consistent results every time.
With features typically found in more expensive models, this machine offers excellent value for its price, making it our top pick for budget-conscious espresso enthusiasts.
What kind of espresso machine should a beginner get?
For beginners, a semi-automatic espresso machine is often recommended due to its balance between manual control and automatic operation.
These machines automate the pressure and water flow but leave grinding, tamping, and sometimes milk steaming to the user, providing a good learning experience without being overly complicated.
Pod machines are also a great option for absolute beginners, offering convenience and ease of use with pre-measured coffee pods.
Is it worth getting an espresso machine?
Yes, getting an espresso machine can be worth it if you regularly drink espresso or espresso-based beverages.
It allows you to make high-quality coffee at home, tailored to your preferences and can be cost-effective in the long run compared to buying drinks at a café.
Moreover, it offers a rewarding experience by allowing you to refine your barista skills.
How long does a cheap espresso machine last?
The lifespan of a cheap espresso machine can vary widely based on its build quality, frequency of use, and how well it’s maintained.
Generally, a low-cost espresso machine can last anywhere from 2 to 5 years.
Proper cleaning and descaling can extend its lifespan, but cheaper models may have shorter lifespans due to less durable components.
How much should you pay for an espresso machine?
The amount you should pay for an espresso machine depends on your needs and level of interest in espresso making.
For casual users, machines around $100 to $250 can suffice.
Those serious about espresso might consider models in the $500 to $2000 range for better build quality, more features, and superior espresso quality.
Ultimately, set a budget based on your usage, preferences, and how much you’re willing to invest in the hobby.
How can you tell if espresso is good?
Good espresso is characterized by a rich, complex flavor profile, a balanced acidity, and a pleasant bitterness.
Visually, it should have a thick, golden crema on top, indicating freshness and proper extraction.
The texture should be syrupy, and the aftertaste should linger pleasantly.
If your espresso meets these criteria, it’s likely well-made.
What coffee beans do you use for an espresso machine?
For espresso machines, you can use any coffee bean, but beans labeled as “espresso” or those with a dark roast are commonly preferred.
Espresso beans are typically a blend designed to create a balanced, rich, and complex shot of espresso.
However, the choice of beans can vary based on personal taste preferences, including single-origin beans for unique flavor profiles.
What are bars of pressure?
Bars of pressure refers to the unit of measurement used to gauge the pressure applied by an espresso machine to force water through the coffee grounds.
The ideal standard for brewing espresso is about 9 bars of pressure, equivalent to 9 times the atmospheric pressure at sea level.
This pressure is crucial for achieving optimal extraction and a rich crema.
How do you tamp espresso?
To tamp espresso, you first fill the portafilter with ground coffee.
Then, using a tamper, press down firmly and evenly on the grounds with a pressure of about 30 pounds, making sure the surface is level.
The goal is to compact the coffee evenly to ensure uniform water flow through the coffee during extraction, preventing weak or overly bitter shots.
Do you save money buying an espresso machine?
Yes, in the long term, buying an espresso machine can save you money, especially if you frequently purchase espresso or coffee drinks from cafés.
While the initial investment may seem high, the cost per cup at home is significantly lower.
Depending on your consumption habits, the machine can pay for itself over time through savings on coffee shop purchases.