Are you looking for the perfect espresso machine? Do you want to make café-style coffee drinks at home? If so, you’ve probably heard of the Breville Barista Touch and Oracle Touch.
This blog post will compare the Breville Barista Touch vs. Oracle Touch and help you decide which is best for your needs. Let’s get started!
Overview Of The Breville Brand
Breville is an iconic global brand that has been enhancing people’s lives through thoughtful design and brilliant innovation since 1932.
Founded in Sydney, Australia, Breville has gained a reputation for quality and innovation, with its products being popular among home cooks and professional chefs alike.
Breville products are available in many countries and offer many options.
Their flagship product is the Breville Oracle espresso machine, which features extensive programmability and impeccable performance, making it easy to create café-quality espresso at home.
The Breville Barista Express has been a staple since 2011, getting its first significant overhaul in 2013.
It is Canada’s most popular espresso machine and one of the most sought-after models worldwide.
With its stainless-steel chassis and professional-grade looks, it gives the impression that it means business.
Breville has been around for nearly 90 years and has become a globally recognized brand.
We love Breville as a brand because of its commitment to thoughtfully designed and brilliantly innovative products.
From the Breville Smart Grinder Pro to the Barista Touch Espresso Machine, Breville offers a wide range of products to enhance people’s lives in the kitchen.
If you’re a coffee connoisseur looking to take your home brewing to the next level, then a Breville espresso machine is a perfect choice.
Whether you’re a novice or a seasoned barista, Breville machines have a feature set to meet your needs. Whatever your budget or skill level, Breville has an espresso machine that’s right for you.
We recommend the Breville Barista Touch and Breville Oracle Touch to beginner or intermediate brewers as they offer an easy-to-use experience with reliable results.
These machines are suitable for those who do not want to spend a fortune on a super-automatic espresso machine but still want to enjoy delicious coffee drinks.
The Barista Touch has an excellent touch display and an automatic steam wand, which makes it ideal for coffee drinkers who want convenience.
The Oracle Touch has a dual boiler, which is great for making coffee shop-quality coffee drinks.
Breville Barista Touch Overview
The Breville Barista Touch is the perfect choice for coffee lovers looking for a semi-automatic espresso machine.
It has an intuitive touchscreen interface, allowing for easy operation and enabling you to create professional-grade coffee drinks in the comfort of your home.
It has a built-in grinder that grinds the beans to the ideal consistency for the perfect cup of espresso, cappuccino, latte, or macchiato.
It also has an automatic steam wand, which froths milk to your desired texture. The Barista Touch also has a unique feature that allows you to save your favorite coffee recipes.
With its simple design and easy-to-use controls, the Breville Barista Touch is an ideal choice for coffee lovers who want to make barista-style drinks at home.
The Barista Touch is a stunning espresso machine with a modern design. It features a brushed stainless steel body and PID temperature control, making it a truly luxurious espresso machine with barista-quality performance.
The Breville Barista Touch is a compact machine ideal for the home or office, providing a high-end experience at the touch of a button.
If you are willing to sacrifice some of the more advanced features found in the Oracle Touch, then the Barista touch would be a great option, as the espresso machine is perfect for beginners and has all the necessary features to enable you to make the perfect espresso every time.
The machine allows users to customize their drinks with 30 grind settings, adjustable shot volume, milk texture, and temperature.
The device also has a user profile function that allows users to save up to eight custom drinks and give them their own personalized labels.
Another great feature is the automatic microfoam milk texturing system, allowing you to create café-quality milk foam with the press of a button.
The milk is heated and aerated within the jug before being forced through the integrated steam wand, producing silky, velvety microfoam for cappuccinos and lattes.
Who Is Best Suited For The Breville Barista Touch?
The Breville Barista Touch is an excellent choice for a reliable and high-quality home espresso machine.
It is easy to use and has intuitive controls, making it accessible for beginners and experienced baristas.
The device offers a range of features that make it ideal for creating delicious coffee drinks, from espresso shots to cappuccinos.
The Barista Touch also offers a few customization options, such as an integrated grinder, touchscreen interface, and adjustable water temperature.
- Brushed stainless steel body for durability and ease of cleaning.
- 67 oz. Water tank is made of BPA-free plastic and is easy to fill.
- Integrated stainless steel conical burr grinder allows for precise coffee bean grinding.
- 30 steps of grind size adjustment with a visible display on the front.
- Compact size with total dimensions of 17.6 x 16.7 x 14.5 inches.
- ThermoJet heating system made of aluminum-lined stainless steel works quickly and efficiently.
- Touch screen display for easy operation and customizing coffee preferences.
- Push button operation for convenient use.
- Automatic milk frothing for a perfect cup of espresso every time.
- Quick heat-up time for quick coffee brewing.
- Can be expensive for some budgets.
- Relatively small water tank capacity
- The automatic steam wand can easily cause a mess
Breville Oracle Touch Overview
The Breville Oracle Touch is a powerful, sophisticated home espresso machine that rivals professional models.
Featuring an automated touchscreen operation, it simplifies making your favorite coffees in three simple steps – grind, brew, and milk.
Adjust the coffee strength, milk foam, and temperature to create your ideal cup of coffee.
The quality of the coffee is excellent, offering all the components needed for a professional-level brew – from the superb grinder to the doser and tamper.
With the Breville Oracle Touch, even novice baristas can easily make café-quality drinks with art latte designs.
The Breville Oracle Touch also has a microfoam milk texturing feature, making it an ideal choice for those who want to create perfectly textured milk for their coffee drinks.
This feature allows you to set the temperature and froth level of the milk, and the machine will automatically stop frothing when it reaches the desired temperature.
This eliminates the need for manual frothing, which can be a time-consuming and challenging process.
The microfoam milk texturing feature also creates a smooth texture that makes any coffee drink look and taste great. This machine makes a perfect latte or cappuccino at home easy and hassle-free.
Like the Barista Touch, this machine is excellent for busy mornings due to its 3-second heat-up time and triple heat system.
This system ensures that the temperature is consistent throughout the brewing process and that the coffee is brewed at its optimal temperature.
The triple heat system also ensures that the temperature is maintained throughout the process, from grinding to extraction.
This helps provide an even flavor extraction and a great cup of coffee every time.
In addition, it is equipped with a fully-integrated hardened precision conical burr grinder.
This grinder automatically grinds, doses, and tamps 22 grams of coffee into the 58mm professional-style portafilter.
With this integrated grinder, users don’t need to purchase a separate espresso-grade coffee grinder and can save money and alleviate hygiene headaches.
The last thing to briefly touch on is the design. It is a big machine with dimensions of 14.7 x 14.5 x 17.6 inches and a weight of 37.3 pounds, but its impressive capabilities make up for the size.
The Oracle Touch has an elegant, brushed stainless steel casing that exudes style and quality.
With just a few taps on the color touch screen, you can choose or modify your preferred beverage, and the machine’s user-friendly interface makes it simple to get to know all its features.
With its sleek design, the Breville Oracle Touch will surely be a hit in any kitchen.
Who Is Best Suited For The Breville Oracle Touch?
The Breville Oracle Touch is an ideal espresso machine for those looking for a high-end, versatile device that can produce great-tasting espresso shots.
This machine is perfect for experienced baristas who want a machine that can make delicious espresso-based drinks quickly and easily.
The Oracle Touch boasts intuitive controls, an easy-to-use automated milk frothing system, and a sleek design, making it the perfect choice for those looking for an espresso machine for their home.
The machine is pricier than most competitors, but this is the machine for you if you are a true coffee fanatic.
- The Breville Oracle Touch automates the grinding, dosing, tamping, and milk-steaming process so you can get a cup of coffee with just the push of a button.
- With 45 grind settings, this machine has a stainless steel conical burr grinder that gives you the perfect amount of control over your coffee.
- The color touch screen makes selecting or customizing your favorite drink easy.
- The dual boiler speeds up the process of producing a drink.
- The Breville Oracle Touch has a stylish, brushed stainless steel casing and excellent build quality.
- The Breville Oracle Touch is a high-end machine with a hefty price tag.
- The Breville Oracle Touch may not fit in every kitchen because of its size (14.7 x 14.5 x 17.6 inches) and weight (37.3 pounds).
- Although the Oracle Touch is designed to be easy to use, it still requires some learning and patience to get the best out of it.
Breville Barista Touch vs. Oracle Touch: Key Similarities
The Breville Barista Touch and Oracle Touch are semi-automatic espresso machines from the same company, Breville.
Both devices feature a touchscreen interface for those seeking a balance between convenience and control over their coffee-making process.
Both machines come with preprogrammed recipes for a wide range of espresso drinks, from lattes and cappuccinos to macchiatos, flat whites, and more.
Additionally, both devices are suitable for a wide range of budgets. The Barista Touch is the more affordable option, while the Oracle Touch offers more features but comes at a higher price.
Below, we will go over each of the more advanced key differences to help you decide which machine is the more suitable choice for you.
Quality Of Coffee
The Oracle Touch is more automated and customizable, allowing more precise control over the espresso extraction.
However, the Oracle Touch is significantly more expensive than the Barista Touch.
Both machines provide excellent coffee, but the Oracle Touch is ideal for anyone looking for a more automated and customizable experience.
The Breville Barista Touch and Breville Oracle Touch offer users the ability to customize their coffee drinks.
Each machine has a touchscreen that allows users to access the drinks selection menu.
Users can save up to 8 custom drinks on the home screen in addition to the 5 preprogrammed drinks, such as espresso and Americano.
All in all, the Breville Barista Touch and Breville Oracle Touch offer users a great way to customize their coffee drinks.
Cleaning And Maintenance
Regular cleaning and maintenance are essential for maximum benefit from the Breville Barista Touch and Breville Oracle Touch.
To ensure optimal performance, cleaning parts of the machine every week and the grinder and water tank every two weeks is recommended.
Daily maintenance should include emptying and rinsing the drip tray and inserting the grey silicone cleaning disk into the portafilter basket before putting it back into the group head.
Coffee oils and used particles should be removed to keep the machine in top form.
Every couple of months, descaling both devices should also be done, as well as taking apart and cleaning the grinder.
To make your life easier, these machines come with a self-cleaning steam wand that helps you clean the machines much faster and more efficiently.
Dosage Control Grinding
The Breville Barista Touch and Breville Oracle Touch feature Dosage Control Grinding, making it easy to get the perfect cup of coffee.
The integrated conical burr grinder on both machines grinds, doses, and tamps 18-22 grams of coffee, similar to a commercial espresso machine.
The Breville Barista Touch and Breville Oracle Touch Espresso Machines make it easy to create third-wave specialty coffee with intuitive touchscreen displays and preprogrammed settings.
Both machines allow for ditto adjustability, so users can customize their drinks to their preferences.
With these espresso machines, users can easily make barista-quality drinks with ease and precision.
The Breville Oracle Touch and Barista Touch feature PID technology, which stands for Proportional Integral Derivative.
This technology ensures that the machine’s temperature is precisely controlled and maintained for optimal flavor extraction.
The Breville Barista Touch and Breville Oracle Touch both have steam wands that allow users to adjust the texture and temperature of the milk for their drinks.
This results in a coffee that is more flavorful with latte art.
Both coffee machines come with a 2-year repair warranty.
Most Breville coffee makers are made from stainless steel and usually last a long time.
However, there are rare instances in which a coffee maker can be defective, and certain parts may need to be replaced within 2 years.
Breville Barista Touch vs. Oracle Touch: Key Differences
However, there are several key differences between the two models.
The Barista Touch has a ThermoJet® heating system that quickly heats your water, whereas the Oracle Touch doesn’t have this feature.
The Oracle Touch also has a dual boiler system that allows you to steam your milk and brew your espresso simultaneously, whereas the Barista Touch does not.
Below we will go over more critical differences between these two machines in more depth.
The Breville Barista Touch and Breville Oracle Touch offer users a range of grind settings to suit their tastes.
Both machines have an integrated burr grinder and hardened stainless steel conical burr that can be adjusted manually to expand the grind range.
The Breville Barista Touch has a built-in grinder with automatic tamping and a Breville Smart Grinder Pro attached to the machine with 30 grind levels.
The Breville Oracle Touch has 45 grind levels and an adjustable grind dial on the side of the device.
A dual boiler system means the Oracle Touch has two boilers, each serving a different purpose.
One is dedicated to brewing espresso, and the other is for making steamed milk.
Contrarily, because the Barista Touch only has a single boiler, there is a delay between the brewing of espresso and the creation of foaming milk.
This additional functionality of the Oracle Touch allows for faster and more efficient coffee making.
Size And Dimensions
The Breville Barista Touch and Breville Oracle Touch have slight differences in size.
The Barista Touch is 12.7 inches in length, 15.5 inches in width, and 16 inches in height, weighing 26.8 pounds. This is compact for such a high-end coffee maker.
On the other hand, the Oracle Touch is 14.7 inches in length, 14.5 inches in width, and 17.6 inches in height, weighing 37.3 pounds.
So in terms of compactness and space required, the Barista touch wins comprehensively.
Water Reservoir Capacity
The Barista Touch has a water reservoir capacity of 67 oz, while the Oracle Touch has a total of 84 oz.
This larger capacity allows more espresso shots to be produced in one go.
The Breville Barista Touch and Oracle Touch espresso machines differ regarding heat-up time.
The Barista Touch takes less than 3 seconds to heat up, while the Oracle Touch takes a little longer.
This may not be a big deal to most people, but people who are in a rush and want their coffee quick will prefer the heat-up time of the Barista Touch.
The Breville Oracle Touch has a heated group head for brew temperature control.
This feature is not included with the Barista.
The Barista Touch has a 54mm stainless steel portafilter, while the Oracle Touch has a commercial grade 58mm stainless steel portafilter.
Over Pressure Valve
The Over Pressure Valve (OPV) is a commercial feature only included in the Breville Oracle Touch that helps to ensure optimal espresso flavor.
This valve limits the maximum pressure throughout the extraction to prevent over-extraction and bitter taste.
The OPV also helps to slowly increase the water pressure to gently expand the coffee grounds, allowing for an even shot extraction.
What We Like About The Breville Barista Touch
- ThermoJet® Heating System: The Barista Touch has a ThermoJet® heating system that quickly heats your water, making it an ideal choice for those on the go.
- Easy-to-Use Touchscreen Interface: The Barista Touch is equipped with a touchscreen interface that’s easy to use and navigate. It comes preprogrammed with drink recipes such as lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos, and more.
- Affordable Price Point: The Barista Touch has a more affordable price point than its Oracle Touch counterpart, making it an excellent choice for those on a budget.
- High-Quality Espresso: Despite its affordability, the Barista Touch still produces high-quality espresso that’s sure to please.
- Specialty Drinks: Preprogrammed specialty drinks, including latte macchiato, cappuccino, flat white, and espresso lungo, are ready at the touch of a button.
- Compact Design: At only 26 pounds, the Barista Touch is lightweight and won’t take up too much space in your kitchen.
- Makes Fantastic Espresso: With a PID temperature control and a top-quality conical burr grinder, you can make barista-quality espresso from the comfort of your home.
- User Profiles: You can save up to 8 user profiles in the machine, allowing you to quickly and easily customize your drinks each time you use it.
- Pre-Infusion Feature: The pre-infusion feature ensures that you get the best extraction from your coffee grounds, resulting in a robust and flavorful espresso shot.
What We Don’t Like About The Breville Barista Touch
- No Dual Boiler System: The Barista Touch lacks the dual boiler system found in the Oracle Touch, meaning you can’t steam and brew coffee simultaneously.
- Smaller Portafilter: The Breville Barista Touch uses a 54mm portafilter basket, smaller than the commercial standard 58mm.
- Limited Grinder Settings: Pure coffee lovers may find the 30 grind settings slightly limited compared to the Oracle Touch.
- Weight: Even though the Barista Touch is lighter than the Oracle, it’s still relatively bulky and weighs around 27 pounds.
- Water Tank Access: You cannot access the water tank from the front of the machine, which may be annoying for some users due to its bulky size and weight.
What We Like About The Breville Oracle Touch
- Dual Boiler System: The Oracle Touch has a dual boiler system that allows you to steam your milk and brew your espresso simultaneously, saving you time and effort in the morning.
- Touch Interface: The Barista Touch and Oracle Touch feature a touch interface with preprogrammed drink recipes, making it easy to make any espresso drink you want.
- Hands-Free Brewing: The Oracle Touch offers a hands-free, fully-automatic brewing experience, so you can get cafe-quality coffee with minimal effort.
- Versatility: With the Oracle Touch, you can make just about any espresso drink, from lattes and cappuccinos to macchiatos, flat white coffee, and more.
- Easy to Use: With its intuitive touchscreen interface and easy-to-follow instructions, the Oracle Touch is simple to use even for beginners.
- Precision Control: The Oracle Touch provides precise control over the temperature and pressure of the espresso and milk simultaneously, making it easier to create perfect drinks every time.
- Quality Construction: Breville is known for its quality construction, and attention to detail, and the Oracle Touch is no exception. It’s made of stainless steel and built to last.
What We Don’t Like About The Breville Oracle Touch
- High Price Tag: At $2,500, the Breville Oracle Touch is one of the most expensive items in the Breville portfolio.
- No ThermoJet Heating System: The Barista Touch has a ThermoJet® heating system that quickly heats your water, whereas the Oracle Touch does not.
- Large Size: The Breville Oracle Touch is a large machine that may not fit in every kitchen, measuring 14.7 x 14.5 x 17.6 inches and weighing 37.3 pounds.
- Steam Wand: The Breville Oracle Touch espresso machine includes an automatic steam wand for convenience, but unfortunately, it tends to splatter, which is a disappointment considering its price point.
Breville Barista Touch vs. Oracle Touch: The Verdict
The Breville Barista Touch and Oracle Touch are popular espresso machines on the market.
Both devices can produce high-quality espresso shots with a beautiful crema, and both have intuitive controls for easy operation.
The bottom line is that both Breville Barista Touch and Oracle Touch espresso machines are excellent choices for home brewers.
The Barista Touch is a great option for those on a budget or who want a semi-automatic espresso machine that offers plenty of control and customizability.
On the other hand, those seeking a fully automated experience with the ease of a touch screen and the extra features of a dual boiler system should go with the Oracle Touch.
The Breville Oracle Touch is worth the higher price tag for those who are serious about making the perfect cup of espresso every time.
Ultimately, the decision will come down to your budget and coffee preferences.
We hope you enjoyed this Breville Barista Touch vs. Oracle Touch and below we answer some common questions.
If you have any questions that you would like to ask us then please let us know in the comments section below!
What Is The Key Difference Between The Barista Touch And Oracle Touch?
The Oracle Touch is larger than the Barista Touch, measuring 14.7 x 15.4 x 17.9 inches in WHD.
It also has a larger water tank capacity of 84 ounces and a dual-boiler system, allowing you to extract espresso and heat and foam milk simultaneously compared to the 67-ounce tank and single boiler system of the Barista Touch.
The Oracle Touch also boasts a broader grind range with 45 settings compared to the Barista Touch’s 30 settings.
Can The Breville Oracle Touch Make Regular Coffee?
The Breville Oracle Touch is a sophisticated espresso machine that can easily brew cafe-quality coffee.
It has a touch screen with an automated operation that simplifies making your favorite coffees with three steps: grind, brew, and milk.
With its advanced technology and user-friendly interface, the Breville Oracle Touch is the perfect choice for coffee lovers looking for a hassle-free way to make cafe-style beverages.
Is The Breville Oracle Touch Worth The Investment?
The Breville Oracle Touch is an excellent choice for investing in an automated espresso machine.
It has everything you need for a quality cup of coffee: a great grinder, a doser, a tamper, and a consistent temperature.
The machine also produces great milk foam and a delicious shot of espresso with minimal effort.
The only downside is its high price tag, but the quality of the product makes it a worthwhile investment for those who love their espresso.
The Breville Oracle Touch is a great machine that will deliver satisfying results to all espresso lovers.
Is Breville Considered A High-End Brand?
With over eighty years of experience, Breville is renowned for producing high-quality and innovative products.
The company offers a wide range of espresso machines, blenders, and other kitchen appliances that cater to the high-end market.
Furthermore, Breville has earned a fantastic reputation for quality and craftsmanship, making it a popular choice for those looking for a reliable and well-crafted product.
Breville is an excellent choice for those needing a top-tier espresso machine or blender if you can afford it.