If you’re a coffee lover and you own a Breville espresso machine, then you know the importance of keeping it in good working condition.
However, even the best machines can experience issues from time to time, which may require a reset.
Whether it’s because of a malfunction or you simply want to start fresh, resetting your Breville espresso machine can help resolve many common problems.
In this blog post, we will guide you through the steps you need to take to reset your Breville espresso machine and get it back to working like new.
When Is It Time To Reset Your Breville Espresso Machine?
Resetting your Breville espresso machine can be a useful solution to address various issues.
But when should you consider resetting it? One reason is when you have changed some of the default settings that come programmed from the factory, such as the amount of espresso that comes out when you select 1 Cup or 2 Cup.
If you notice that you’re not getting the right amount of espresso from your pull, it may be time to try a reset.
Another reason to consider a reset is if your machine has a water-hardness setting.
This setting is typically set up when you first install your machine, and it can help you know when it’s time to descale your Breville.
However, if you want to change this setting, a factory reset will be the easiest way to do it.
Keep in mind that resetting your Breville espresso machine will erase any custom settings that you have previously set, so make sure to take note of them before resetting your machine.
How To Reset Each Breville Espresso Machine Model
Breville offers a wide range of espresso machines that cater to different needs and preferences.
Each machine has unique features and functions, which means that the reset process can vary depending on the model.
To help you properly reset your Breville espresso machine, we’ve put together a comprehensive guide that covers each model’s reset process.
In this section of the blog post, we will walk you through the steps you need to take to reset your specific Breville espresso machine model.
Whether you own a Breville Barista Pro, Barista Express, or Oracle, we’ve got you covered.
Breville Barista Express
If you own a Breville Barista Express and you’re experiencing issues with your machine, resetting it to its default settings can help.
Here are the steps you need to follow to reset your Breville Barista Express:
- Locate the PROGRAM button on the machine. It’s located on the front of the machine, next to the pressure gauge.
- Press and hold the PROGRAM button until the machine beeps three times. This may take a few seconds.
- Release the PROGRAM button.
- The machine will return to its original default settings.
If you want to reset only the espresso water temperature settings on your Breville Barista Express, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Press and hold the PROGRAM button and then the power button simultaneously. The PROGRAM button is typically located next to the pressure gauge, while the power button is located on the far left of the front of the machine.
- Wait for the machine to beep once, which indicates that it has entered Advanced Mode.
- To restore the default temperature settings, simply press the PROGRAM button once within 5 seconds of entering Advanced Mode.
- You should hear two beeps, which confirm that the temperature settings have been restored to their default settings.
- The Barista Express will then go into standby mode.
It’s important to note that this reset process only applies to the espresso water temperature settings.
If you want to reset other settings or the entire machine, you’ll need to follow the appropriate steps.
By following these simple steps, you can reset the espresso water temperature settings on your Breville Barista Express and get your machine back to its default settings.
Breville Barista Pro
Resetting your Breville Barista Pro espresso machine to its default settings is a breeze thanks to the machine’s user-friendly LCD display. Here’s how to do it:
- Press the menu button on the machine to enter the main menu.
- Use the grind amount dial to navigate to the menu and select “Restore Defaults”.
- The machine will beep to indicate that the reset process has started.
- This will restore the following settings to their factory default: grind amount, filter size, shot temperature, 1 Cup and 2 Cup shot settings. However, the grind size setting should not be impacted.
- Once the reset process is complete, the espresso machine will return to a ready state.
By following these simple steps, you can quickly and easily reset your Breville Barista Pro espresso machine to its default settings using the LCD display.
This is a great option if you’re experiencing issues with your machine or simply want to start fresh with the factory default settings.
Breville Barista Touch
Resetting your Breville Barista Touch espresso machine to its factory settings is a simple process. Here’s how to do it:
- Tap the cog icon in the upper right corner of the display screen to access the settings menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the settings and tap ‘Factory Reset.’
- This will bring up the option to reset the machine. Tap ‘Reset.’
- Finally, tap ‘Confirm’ to complete the process.
It’s important to note that resetting the machine to its factory defaults will delete any custom drinks and settings that you have previously saved.
So, before resetting, make sure you’ve made a note of all the custom drinks.
Resetting your Breville Bambino espresso machine is a quick and easy process.
Follow these simple steps to reset your machine to its factory settings:
- Ensure the machine is on standby mode.
- Press and hold the 1 Cup and 2 Cup buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds to enter the Factory reset mode.
- The lights on the machine will flash 3 times to indicate that all volumes have been reset.
- The machine will then return to ready mode.
- It’s important to note that when the machine is turned on after the reset, it will enter directly into ready mode.
By following these simple steps, you can reset your Breville Bambino espresso machine to its factory settings.
This is a great option if you’re experiencing issues with your machine or simply want to start fresh.
Breville Bambino Plus
Here’s how to reset a Breville Bambino Plus:
- Turn off the machine by pressing the 1 CUP and STEAM buttons together for 5 seconds.
- Press and hold the 1 CUP and 2 CUP buttons together for 5 seconds. The buttons will light up.
- Press either the 1 CUP or 2 CUP button once. The light will flash 3 times to indicate that the programmed volumes have been reset.
- The machine will then return to ready mode.
If you want to reset your Breville Oracle to its factory settings, you can follow these steps:
- Turn off your machine.
- Press and hold the ‘1-Cup’ and the ‘Power’ buttons at the same time for 3 seconds.
- Use the ‘Select’ dial to rotate to the option for ‘Reset Default Settings’ (rSEt).
- Press the ‘Select’ dial to confirm and complete the process of resetting your machine to its factory default settings.
Keep in mind that resetting your Breville Oracle to its factory settings will erase all custom drinks and settings that you have saved on the machine.
Breville Oracle Touch
If you need to reset your Breville Oracle Touch, follow these simple steps:
- Tap the cog icon at the top right corner of the screen to access the settings menu.
- Scroll down to the ‘Factory Reset’ option and select it.
- Remember that performing a factory reset will restore all the programmable values to their default settings, including deleting any custom drinks. So only proceed with the reset if necessary.
By following these steps, you can easily reset your Breville Oracle Touch and start with the factory settings again.
Breville Dual Boiler
To reset a Breville Dual Boiler, follow these steps:
- Make sure the machine is powered off.
- Press and hold both the ‘Power’ and ‘1-Cup’ buttons for three seconds.
- The machine will turn on, and the LCD screen should display “rSET.”
- Press the ‘Menu’ button to activate the factory reset mode.
- Once the reset selection has been confirmed, the machine will beep three times.
- After the beep, the machine will enter standby mode.
- Keep in mind that performing a factory reset will reset all programmable values back to the factory settings, and it will delete all custom drinks.
You can also find instructional videos on YouTube that show how to perform a factory reset on the Breville Dual Boiler.
Breville Precision Brewer
To reset your Breville Precision Brewer, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the START, SELECT, and AUTO START buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds.
- The LCD screen should display a flashing “rES” to indicate that the machine is in reset mode.
- Press the SELECT button again to initiate the reset process.
- A prompt will appear asking you to choose between “Yes” or “No.”
- Rotate the SELECT dial to highlight “Yes” and press the dial button to confirm.
- The machine will reset to its factory settings.
Resetting the Grind Control can be done with the following steps:
- Press the MENU | EXIT button on the machine.
- Use the STRENGTH dial to navigate to the RESET option.
- Press the dial button to select RESET. The screen will display a flashing “Yes” option.
- Press the STRENGTH button again to confirm the reset.
- The machine will beep to confirm that the reset has been completed.
How Often Should You Reset A Breville Espresso Machine?
When it comes to resetting your Breville espresso maker, it’s best to do it only when you notice an issue that requires it.
Resetting your machine too often is not recommended.
To avoid the need for frequent resets, be sure to read the product manual carefully and use the machine properly.
It’s also important to clean your Breville espresso machine regularly, at least once a week, to prevent clogging and build-up that can cause issues with the machine.
By taking these steps, you can keep your Breville espresso maker functioning properly and avoid unnecessary resets.
Why Doesn’t The “Clean Me” Light Go Off?
Many Breville espresso machine owners have experienced the issue of the clean light staying on even after running a full cleaning cycle.
If you’re experiencing this problem, don’t worry – there are simple steps you can take to fix it.
One common reason for the clean light staying on is not following the cleaning steps in the correct order or skipping a step.
When this happens, the machine may think that a cleaning cycle is still needed, causing the light to stay on.
Luckily, there is an easy solution, which we will discuss in the next section.
How To Run A Cleaning Cycle On A Breville Espresso Machine
Maintaining a clean espresso machine is essential to ensure optimal performance and to prevent any flavor contamination.
A cleaning cycle should be performed regularly to keep your machine in good condition.
In this section, we will walk you through the steps on how to run a cleaning cycle on a Breville espresso machine.
- Check the machine’s “Clean Me” light to ensure that a cleaning cycle is needed.
- Empty the water tank and the drip tray to prepare for the cleaning process.
- Insert the grey silicone cleaning disk and a cleaning tablet into the 1-cup filter basket in the portafilter.
- Lock the portafilter into the group head securely.
- Ensure the machine is turned off, then press and hold the 1 CUP, 2 CUP, and POWER buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds.
- The cleaning cycle will begin and run for approximately five minutes.
- Wait for the machine to notify you when the cleaning process is complete. Once you hear 3 beeps, the process is done.
How Often Should You Clean Your Breville Espresso Machine
Proper cleaning and maintenance of your Breville espresso machine is crucial for enjoying delicious coffee and ensuring that your machine lasts for years to come.
According to Breville, if you’re a moderate coffee drinker making between two and five cups a day, you should clean most parts of your machine at least once a week.
However, some parts, like the grinder and water tank, only need to be cleaned every two to three weeks.
It is also recommended to run a cleaning cycle every 2-3 months or after brewing 200 cups of coffee.
Additionally, the water filter in a Breville machine should be replaced every two months.
Daily cleaning tasks include flushing the group head and wiping down the steam wand.
Regular cleaning of your Breville machine not only ensures consistent flavor and quality in your coffee but also helps in prolonging the lifespan of your machine.
Fortunately, keeping your Breville espresso machine in good condition with regular maintenance and basic cleaning tasks is pretty easy.
By following these recommended cleaning schedules, you can ensure that your Breville machine continues to make delicious coffee for years to come.
Resetting your Breville espresso machine can be a quick and easy solution to fix any issues you may encounter with your device.
By following the proper steps, you can reset your machine to its factory settings and have it running smoothly again in no time.
Remember to refer to the user manual for specific instructions on how to reset your Breville machine, as different models may have varying procedures.
Additionally, regularly cleaning and maintaining your machine can prevent the need for frequent resets and ensure a longer lifespan for your device.
With these tips and tricks, you can enjoy delicious espresso drinks from your Breville machine for years to come.