If you’re the proud owner of a DeLonghi espresso machine, you understand the importance of using high-quality coffee beans to achieve that perfect cup of espresso.
The right blend can make all the difference in flavor, aroma, and overall satisfaction.
With countless options available in the market, finding the perfect espresso beans for your DeLonghi machine can be a daunting task.
In this post, we’ve curated a list of the top 6 espresso beans that pair exceptionally well with DeLonghi machines.
We’ll also include a buying guide to help you decide on the key factors to consider when looking for the best espresso beans for your DeLonghi machine.
6 Best Espresso Beans For DeLonghi Machines: At A Glance
- Lifeboost Luxuriance Espresso Beans: Best Overall
- Volcanica Espresso Dark Roast Coffee: Best Dark Roast
- Illy Classico Espresso Ground Coffee: Best Medium Roast
- Lifeboost Luxuriance Blonde Espresso Beans: Best Light Roast
- Lavazza Super Crema Whole Bean Coffee Blend: Best Blend
- Volcanica Espresso Dark Roast Decaf Coffee: Best Decaf
1. Lifeboost Luxuriance Espresso Beans: Best Overall
Lifeboost has secured its spot as one of our top picks, and it’s no surprise that we’re once again endorsing them as our #1 choice in this lineup.
The Luxuriance Espresso Beans from Lifeboost is a special blend crafted from Arabica beans, delivering a bold and smoky flavor perfect for lattes or espresso-based drinks.
These espresso beans stand out as Lifeboost’s artisanal dark espresso roast, and we can assure you that the smoothness is truly unmatched.
This dark roast strikes the perfect balance – not overly intense, yet sufficiently dark to deliver a full-bodied espresso without the unwanted bitterness.
In essence, Luxuriance embodies a smooth, highly drinkable, and impeccably balanced home espresso experience.
These beans are sourced from Central America, ensuring organic, non-GMO, USDA, and fair trade standards.
Hand-picked, spring water washed, sun-dried, and expertly roasted, these beans guarantee a premium coffee experience.
What sets these beans apart is their single-origin status from Nicaragua.
Unlike blends, this coffee hails from one country, providing a distinct and focused flavor profile.
Speaking of flavor, the richness and boldness are accompanied by hints of chocolate and caramel, with a subtle fruity and slightly sweet undertone.
The aroma is intense and delightful, offering a unique experience with medium to low acidity.
Lifeboost goes the extra mile by subjecting all their coffee to 3rd Party Testing, ensuring it’s free from heavy metals, mycotoxins, pesticides, and over 400 other unwanted toxins.
As advocates for low-acid coffee, they also test for pH levels.
While most popular coffees register a pH level of 4.85 or lower (highly acidic), Lifeboost boasts a pH level of 6 or higher.
This commitment to quality attracts customers who thought they could never enjoy coffee again.
Luxuriance, while exceptional, does have some trade-offs.
The darker roast diminishes some of the brighter notes found in lighter roasts.
Additionally, being a gourmet brand, Lifeboost’s espresso beans do come with a higher price tag.
Despite this, we wholeheartedly recommend these beans, especially for DeLonghi espresso machines, as they deliver an exceptional coffee experience that’s worth the investment.
- Arabica beans for a bold and smoky flavor
- Sourced from Central America, certified organic, non-GMO, USDA, and fairly traded
- Single-origin coffee from Nicaragua for a focused flavor profile
- Hand-picked, spring water washed, sun-dried, and expertly roasted
- Rich and bold with chocolate and caramel undertones
- Intense aroma with medium to low acidity
- 3rd Party Tested for heavy metals, mycotoxins, and pesticides
- Darker roast diminishes some brighter notes
- Higher price point
2. Volcanica Espresso Dark Roast Coffee: Best Dark Roast
We’ve also recently become big fans of Volcanica, and their Espresso Dark Roast has won us over.
Volcanica Coffee is all about top-notch coffee from volcanic regions worldwide.
They offer a diverse selection, from specialty and organic to decaf and low-acid options.
Now, let’s talk about their Espresso Dark Roast—it’s a perfectly balanced coffee with a sweet, caramel-like goodness, a signature boldness, light acidity, and a complex spicy aroma.
This dark roast blend brings out a fantastic mix of sweet caramel and robust spices like nutmeg and clove.
The beans are high-quality, sourced from South and Central America, creating a robust flavor that plays well with any dairy or flavor you fancy.
Although it’s a blend, it’s still 100% Arabica, making it better and tastier than any Arabica/Robusta mix.
The coffee is known for its bold taste that pairs seamlessly with various options.
The washed processing ensures a crisp and clear taste with no unexpected flavors in your espresso.
Freshness is also a priority, with the coffee being roasted, packed, and sealed immediately.
Just a heads up, these beans are a bit oily, so keeping your DeLonghi espresso machine clean after each use is essential to prevent clogs.
- Espresso Dark Roast offers a perfectly balanced, sweet caramel-like flavor
- Signature boldness, light acidity, and complex spicy aroma
- High-quality beans from South and Central America
- A robust flavor profile that complements various dairy and flavors
- 100% Arabica blend for superior taste
- Washed processing ensures a crisp and clear taste
- Freshly roasted, packed, and sealed for optimal freshness
- Oily coffee beans may require careful cleaning of the espresso machine to prevent clogs
3. Illy Classico Espresso Ground Coffee: Best Medium Roast
Illy, another globally popular coffee brand, has rightfully earned its place on our list, and it’s no surprise given its worldwide acclaim.
The Illy Classico Espresso Ground Coffee, a medium roast, boasts delightful notes of caramel, orange blossom, and jasmine.
What’s impressive is its all-natural composition with no preservatives, making it a clean choice for coffee enthusiasts.
This finely ground coffee is tailor-made for espresso machines that use ground, tamped coffee, ensuring optimal extraction.
Comprising 100% Arabica coffee beans and nitrogen-packed for freshness preservation, Illy knows how to deliver a quality product.
The packaging itself is noteworthy – Illy Coffee comes in an air-free, pressurized can that not only looks cool but also enhances and seals in aromas and oils, maintaining perfect coffee freshness for at least two years.
The medium roast offers a smooth, perfectly balanced flavor, making it an excellent choice for DeLonghi machine owners.
However, it’s essential to note that some customers have reported occasional issues with the coffee can arriving without a lid.
- Medium roast with caramel, orange blossom, and jasmine notes
- All-natural composition with no preservatives
- Finely ground for optimal extraction in espresso machines
- Made with 100% Arabica coffee beans
- Unique air-free, pressurized can enhance and seal in aromas and oils
- Coffee remains fresh for at least two years
- Smooth and perfectly balanced flavor
- Some reported instances of coffee cans arriving without a lid
4. Lifeboost Luxuriance Blonde Espresso Beans: Best Light Roast
The Lifeboost Blonde Espresso is another delightful addition to our list, especially for those who prefer a lighter roast.
This blonde espresso is uniquely roasted to bring out the authentic flavor notes found in Lifeboost’s light roast – that classic brightness people love.
However, it also features a noticeable sweetness and a full-bodied flavor, characteristic of espresso that’ll keep you coming back for more.
In a nutshell, it’s a nicely balanced coffee with great flavors.
Quality-wise, these 100% Arabica beans are single-origin from the Nicaraguan forest, ensuring a specific and focused flavor profile.
As we mentioned earlier, single-origin means it comes from one place, offering a unique taste.
Arabica beans, known for their superior taste, make this coffee better than any Arabica/Robusta blend.
Plus, like other Lifeboost products, this coffee holds certifications such as Fair Trade and USDA Organic, assuring you a healthy coffee held to high standards.
Just like its counterparts, the Blonde Espresso undergoes 3rd party testing for mycotoxins, heavy metals, pesticides, and over 400 other toxins.
However, it’s worth noting that lighter roast espresso beans can be delicate, especially for consistent home brewing.
Despite this, the Blonde Espresso remains a flavorful and conscientiously crafted choice for your daily cup.
- A delightful addition for those who prefer a lighter roast
- Nicely balanced coffee with great flavors
- 100% Arabica beans, single-origin from the Nicaraguan forest
- Single-origin ensures a specific and focused flavor profile
- Arabica beans offer superior taste compared to blends
- Certifications: Fair Trade and USDA Organic
- 3rd party tested for mycotoxins, heavy metals, pesticides, and 400+ other toxins
- Lighter roast espresso beans can be delicate, especially for consistent home brewing
5. Lavazza Super Crema Whole Bean Coffee Blend: Best Blend
Lavazza, a coffee giant recognized worldwide, brings us the popular Super Crema Whole Bean Coffee Blend.
Renowned for its full-bodied, harmonious profile, this medium espresso roast offers notes of roasted hazelnut, brown sugar, honey, and dried fruit.
With a blend of 60% Arabica and 40% Robusta beans sourced from Brazil, Colombia, India, Indonesia, and Vietnam, it delivers a smooth flavor with minimal bitterness and a thick, long-lasting crema.
Whether enjoyed as an espresso or in a latte or cappuccino, the Lavazza Super Crema’s luscious and persistent crema enhances the overall coffee experience.
This top-selling Lavazza product, available in 2.2-pound bags, is celebrated for its captivating taste, unparalleled creaminess, and commitment to quality.
Crafted for a mild and creamy coffee experience, it’s a favorite among coffee enthusiasts.
However, it’s essential to note some downsides.
There have been customer complaints about the coffee bags arriving stale, and some have reported finding rocks in the bag.
- Super Crema Whole Bean Coffee Blend offers a full-bodied, harmonious profile
- Medium espresso roast with notes of roasted hazelnut, brown sugar, honey, and dried fruit
- Smooth flavor with little bitterness and a thick, long-lasting crema
- Blend of 60% Arabica and 40% Robusta beans
- Luscious and persistent crema enhances the overall coffee experience
- Available in 2.2-pound bags, a top-selling Lavazza product
- Crafted for a mild and creamy coffee experience, popular among enthusiasts
- Customer complaints about coffee bags arriving stale
- Reports of rocks being found in the bag
6. Volcanica Espresso Dark Roast Decaf Coffee: Best Decaf
If you’re on the lookout for the best espresso beans for your DeLonghi machine and mindful of your caffeine intake, consider the Volcanica Espresso Dark Roast Decaf Coffee.
It’s a perfectly balanced brew with a dense caramel-like sweetness, signature intensity, light acidity, and a complex spicy aroma, ensuring a delightful experience for your senses.
The dark roast maintains a mellow and balanced profile, offering amazing flavors without overwhelming your palate—a great choice for home espresso brewing.
What sets this decaf apart is its low acidity, thanks to the Swiss Water Process.
This taste-driven, 100% chemical-free decaffeination method ensures the coffee is 99.9% caffeine-free while preserving its unique origin characteristics and flavor.
Unlike other processes using chemical solvents, like Methylene Chloride or Ethyl Acetate, the washed processing of this decaf keeps the flavors crisp and clean, eliminating any unexpected or unwanted tastes in your cup.
However, like all decafs, there’s a trade-off.
While this coffee maintains excellent flavor, it may lack some of the roundness and boldness found in full-caffeine versions, giving it a slightly flatter taste.
- Balanced flavor with caramel sweetness, intensity, light acidity, and complex spice
- Dark roast maintains a mellow and balanced flavor profile for home brewing
- Low acid coffee, suitable for those mindful of caffeine intake
- Swiss Water Process for 99.9% caffeine-free, preserving flavor
- Preserves unique origin characteristics and flavors
- Washed processing for crisp, clean taste
- Slightly flatter taste compared to regular coffee
- On the pricey side
Choosing the Best Espresso Beans for Your DeLonghi Machine: A Detailed Buyer’s Guide
When it comes to finding the perfect espresso beans for your DeLonghi machine, several key factors can significantly impact the flavor and quality of your brew.
Consider the following aspects to ensure a delightful and tailored coffee experience.
The roast level of your espresso beans plays a crucial role in determining the overall flavor profile.
Espresso beans typically come in light, medium, and dark roasts.
Light roasts emphasize bright acidity and intricate flavor notes, while dark roasts offer a bolder, more robust taste.
DeLonghi machines generally perform well with a variety of roast levels, so choose based on your personal preference.
Understanding the bean variety is essential for crafting your ideal espresso.
Arabica beans are known for their nuanced flavors and higher acidity, making them a popular choice among coffee enthusiasts.
Robusta beans, on the other hand, contribute to a more intense and full-bodied cup with a higher caffeine content.
Consider a blend if you want to balance the best of both worlds.
Single-Origin or Blend
Decide whether you prefer single-origin or a blend.
Single-origin beans come from a specific geographic location, offering a unique and focused flavor profile.
Blends, on the other hand, combine beans from different regions, creating a more complex taste.
For DeLonghi machines, either option can work well, so it depends on your flavor preferences.
The grind size of your espresso beans is crucial for optimal extraction in a DeLonghi machine.
Espresso requires a fine grind to maximize surface area and facilitate the extraction process.
If you DeLonghi machine doesn’t already have an integrated grinder then you will need to invest in a quality burr grinder to achieve the desired consistency.
This will ensure that your DeLonghi machine extracts the rich flavors effectively.
Freshness is key to a flavorful cup of espresso.
Look for beans with a roast date, and ideally, choose a brand that roasts in small batches.
Coffee begins to lose its freshness after a few weeks, impacting the overall taste.
Opt for airtight packaging to preserve the beans’ flavor and aroma, ensuring a consistently satisfying espresso.
Certifications such as Fair Trade and USDA Organic can indicate a commitment to quality and ethical sourcing practices.
These certifications ensure that the beans are grown and processed under specific standards, promoting environmental sustainability and fair treatment of coffee farmers.
Choose beans that align with your values and contribute to a positive global impact.
Personal Taste Preferences
Ultimately, the best espresso beans for your DeLonghi machine depend on your personal taste preferences.
Experiment with different roasts, bean varieties, and blends to discover the flavors that resonate with you.
Keep in mind that coffee is a subjective experience, and the perfect beans for one person may differ for another.
The Verdict: Which Espresso Beans Are Best?
Lifeboost Luxuriance Espresso Beans stand out as our top choice for DeLonghi machines.
Sourced from Central America, these 100% Arabica beans offer a rich, bold flavor with chocolate and caramel undertones.
Hand-picked, spring water washed, and single-origin from Nicaragua, Luxuriance ensures a unique and intense aroma with medium to low acidity.
The commitment to third-party testing for toxins and a pH level of 6 or higher highlights Lifeboost’s dedication to quality.
Though priced higher, the exceptional taste, meticulous sourcing, and premium quality make Luxuriance the ideal pick for DeLonghi espresso machines.
What espresso beans are best to use with DeLonghi machines?
DeLonghi machines are versatile and can accommodate various espresso beans.
For a balanced and rich flavor, consider medium to dark roast beans.
Experiment with different blends and single-origin options to find the one that suits your taste preferences.
What type of bean is best for espresso?
The best beans for espresso are often 100% Arabica or a blend of Arabica and Robusta.
Arabica beans contribute to nuanced flavors and acidity, while Robusta beans add intensity and body.
The choice between these two varieties depends on your desired taste profile.
How to make the best espresso with DeLonghi?
To make the best espresso with your DeLonghi machine, start with fresh, high-quality beans.
Ensure a fine grind suitable for espresso, usually achieved with a burr grinder.
Follow the machine’s instructions for water temperature and extraction time.
Experiment with the coffee-to-water ratio to find your preferred strength.
What grind is suitable for espresso with DeLonghi?
For DeLonghi machines, use a fine grind for espresso.
If your DeLonghi doesn’t already have a grinder, Investing in a burr grinder is recommended to achieve a consistent and fine texture.
The right grind size is crucial for optimal extraction and the creation of a rich, flavorful crema.
Adjust the grind based on your machine’s specifications and your taste preferences.