If you’re a coffee enthusiast looking to elevate your daily brew, you’ve come to the right place.
Ninja, a well-known brand in the kitchen appliance industry, has consistently delivered innovative and high-quality coffee makers that cater to various preferences and brewing styles.
In this article, we’ll introduce you to our top 8 picks from the Ninja coffee maker lineup, helping you discover the perfect brewing companion for your mornings.
Whether you prefer single-serve convenience or large pots of coffee, Ninja has something to offer, and we’re here to guide you through the options.
Let’s dive in and find the Ninja coffee maker that suits your needs!
8 Best Ninja Coffee Makers: At A Glance
- Ninja CM401 Specialty 10-Cup Coffee Maker: Best Overall
- Ninja CFP301 DualBrew Pro Drip Coffee Maker: Runner-Up
- Ninja CFP201 DualBrew 12-Cup Coffee Maker
- Ninja CM407 Specialty Coffee Maker
- Ninja CP301 Hot and Cold Brewed System
- Ninja CP307 Hot and Cold Brewed System
- Ninja CE251 Programmable Brewer
- Ninja CF080Z Coffee Maker With Glass Carafe
Ninja CM401 Specialty 10-Cup Coffee Maker: Best Overall
At the top of our list, we have the Ninja CM401 Specialty coffee maker.
It not only brews great coffee but also adds a sleek touch to your kitchen, making it feel like a coffee haven.
This coffee maker is all about consistency.
The Ninja CM401 Specialty 10-Cup Coffee Maker is a versatile gem.
With just a button press, it can brew Classic, Rich, Specialty, and Iced coffee drinks.
It’s got a handy built-in water reservoir and can brew in six different sizes, including a travel mug, single-serve, half-carafe, and full-carafe.
What’s more, it comes with a fold-away frother that can whip up hot or cold milk into delightful froth.
No drips when you pour, thanks to the carafe design that screws on securely, a step up from the snap-on ones.
Plus, the intelligent warming plate adjusts the temperature based on how much coffee is left, so it’s always just right.
The Ninja CM401 also includes a permanent filter and a nifty Ninja Smart Scoop.
It’s easy to handle, pours coffee smoothly, and operating it is a breeze.
To top it off, the quick start guide is straightforward and easy to follow, making your coffee brewing experience a delight.
- Sleek and stylish design
- Consistent coffee quality
- Versatile brewing options
- Multiple size choices
- Fold-away frother for frothy delights
- Intelligent warming plate
- Includes permanent filter and Ninja Smart Scoop
- User-friendly operation with clear instructions
- Bulky size may take up counter space
- Doesn’t come with a pod option
Ninja CFP301 DualBrew Pro Drip Coffee Maker: Runner-Up
Now, let’s talk about the Ninja CFP301, which almost took the top spot on our list.
The only thing that held it back was its higher price tag.
But make no mistake, this coffee maker is still an excellent choice.
The Ninja CFP301 DualBrew Pro Drip Coffee Maker is impressively versatile.
It can brew Classic, Rich, Over Ice, and Specialty coffee using both coffee grounds and coffee pods.
With its dual coffee maker system, you get the flexibility of brewing in nine different sizes from grounds and four different sizes from pods.
What sets it apart is the user-friendly chunky dial for selecting your preferred brew size and the intuitive LED touchscreen display.
The Specialty Brew feature lets you make super-rich coffee concentrate for lattes, macchiatos, cappuccinos, and more.
Plus, there’s an independent hot water system for quick soups, oatmeal, or hot cocoa.
The built-in, fold-away frother is a nice touch, allowing you to whip up silky-smooth froth, whether your milk is hot or cold.
The 60-oz multi-position reservoir is a space-saver, and you can configure it to sit on the side or back of the coffee maker, depending on your kitchen setup.
While the overall design might not be everyone’s cup of tea, we appreciate the flexibility of the multi-position water reservoir.
If space is a concern in your kitchen, the option to mount the water tank at the rear is a definite bonus.
- Versatile brewing with coffee grounds and pods
- Nine different brew sizes for grounds
- Intuitive LED touchscreen display
- Specialty Brew for coffeehouse-style drinks
- Independent hot water system
- Built-in, fold-away frother
- Space-saving multi-position reservoir
- Higher price point
- The design may not appeal to everyone
Ninja CFP201 DualBrew 12-Cup Coffee Maker
Now, let’s shift our focus to the Ninja CFP201, which is the younger sibling of the CFP301.
While they may look similar, there are some notable differences you should be aware of.
Firstly, the Ninja CFP201 lacks a milk frother, the Specialty Brew function, and the separate hot water feature found in its sibling.
Additionally, its removable water reservoir can only be side-mounted.
So, it doesn’t offer the same array of features that make the CFP301 stand out.
While it maintains the reliable Ninja brewing technology, you might want to consider investing a bit more for the Pro version.
That said, if you’re looking to save some money and still enjoy a versatile coffee maker, the Ninja CFP201 is a decent choice.
It can brew coffee using both grounds and K-cup pods, offering three brew styles: Classic, Rich, and Over Ice.
You get the flexibility of brewing in nine different sizes with grounds, from single-serve to a full carafe, and four different pod sizes ranging from 6 to 12 oz.
With a 60-oz. water reservoir and a warming plate that can keep your coffee warm for up to 4 hours, it’s quite practical.
Plus, it features Delay Brew and Keep Warm Functions, adding convenience to your coffee routine.
- Versatile brewing with grounds and K-cup pods
- Three brew styles: Classic, Rich, and Over Ice
- Multiple size options (9 with grounds, 4 with pods)
- Decent 60-oz. water reservoir
- The warming plate keeps coffee warm for up to 4 hours
- Features Delay Brew and Keep Warm Functions
- Doesn’t offer the premium features of the CFP301
- Lacks a milk frother
- No Specialty Brew function
Ninja CM407 Specialty Coffee Maker
Now, let’s take a closer look at the Ninja CM407 Specialty Coffee Maker, a sibling to the CM401.
You’ll notice they share a similar appearance and deliver equally delicious coffee.
However, there are two notable distinctions with this model.
First, the Ninja CM407 comes equipped with a stainless steel thermal carafe, in contrast to the glass carafe found in the CM401.
This means it doesn’t feature the intelligent warming plate.
The second difference is the price. The CM407 tends to cost around $200, which is approximately $30 more than the CM401.
The Ninja CM407 Specialty Coffee Maker is a versatile coffee machine offering various brew options and serving sizes.
It boasts practical features like a frother whisk and an automatic brew function.
This well-constructed machine is dishwasher-friendly and excels at brewing drip coffee.
It’s also capable of producing super-rich coffee concentrate, ideal for crafting delicious lattes, macchiatos, cappuccinos, and other coffeehouse-style delights.
User-friendly and dependable, the Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker effortlessly handles iced coffees, lattes, and classic hot joe.
With its versatility, multiple brew functions, serving size options, and extra features, it’s a powerhouse appliance that ensures your morning starts with the perfect cup of coffee.
- Similar appearance and great coffee like the CM401
- Features a stainless steel thermal carafe
- Versatile with multiple brew options and serving sizes
- Convenient frother whisk and automatic brew function
- Dishwasher-friendly and well-constructed
- Capable of brewing super-rich coffee concentrate
- Easy to use for iced coffees, lattes, and regular coffee
- Lacks the intelligent warming plate
- Slightly more expensive than the CM401
- It’s slightly bulky in size
Ninja CP301 Hot and Cold Brewed System
The Ninja CP301 may not boast the visual flair of the Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker but has its own set of advantages.
One notable perk is its smaller and more compact footprint, making it a great space-saving choice.
The Ninja CP301 Hot and Cold Brewed System is a versatile coffee and tea maker designed to cater to both hot and cold beverage preferences.
It offers a range of options with its six brew sizes, five brew styles, and a handy frother.
You have the flexibility to choose between a glass carafe or a thermal carafe to suit your preferences.
The built-in frother effortlessly whips hot or cold milk into a velvety froth with just the press of a button.
And here’s a cool feature: you can brew your favorite beverages over ice at a lower temperature, delivering a smooth and naturally sweet flavor in just 10 to 15 minutes.
For tea lovers, the CP301 is a real gem.
It’s designed to recognize which type of brew basket you’ve inserted and adjust its settings accordingly.
Whether you prefer hot coffee or hot tea, this Ninja coffee maker has you covered.
- Compact and space-saving design
- Versatile for both hot and cold beverages
- Offers six brew sizes and five brew styles
- Convenient built-in frother
- Option for glass or thermal carafe
- Brews over ice for naturally sweet flavor
- Tea-specific settings for temperature and steeping
- Build quality slightly on the cheaper side
- The learning curve for adjusting to various settings
Ninja CP307 Hot and Cold Brewed System
Now, let’s explore another alternative to the Specialty Coffee Maker—the Ninja CP307 Hot and Cold Coffee Maker, featuring a stainless steel thermal carafe.
While it shares most of the impressive features of the CP301, it ditches the warming plate.
This upgrade does come at a slightly higher price point, but it’s still a worthwhile investment.
The Ninja CP307 Hot and Cold Brewed System is a versatile coffee and tea maker that caters to a wide range of brewing preferences, whether you’re craving something hot or cold.
It boasts advanced brewing technology that allows you to select from a variety of coffee and tea options.
You can even make cold brew coffee and tea over ice, extracting flavors at a lower temperature for a naturally sweet taste in just 10 to 15 minutes.
One standout feature is the smart basket recognition, which automatically identifies the basket and displays appropriate coffee or tea drink options.
With separate baskets for coffee and tea, your flavors stay distinct.
Plus, you have the choice of six brew sizes and five brew styles to suit your taste.
To top it off, the system includes a fold-away hot and cold frother, perfect for transforming both hot and cold milk into a velvety froth.
The Ninja CP307 comes with a 50 oz. (10-Cup) double-walled thermal carafe, ensuring your coffee and tea stay piping hot for up to 2 hours without needing a warming plate.
- Versatile coffee and tea maker
- Cold brew options for refreshing beverages
- Smart basket recognition simplifies brewing
- Separate baskets keep flavors distinct
- Multiple brew sizes and styles to choose from
- Convenient hot and cold frother
- Thermal carafe keeps beverages hot for 2 hours
- No warming plate
- May be considered a sizable investment
- Doesn’t make real cold brew
Ninja CE251 Programmable Brewer
If you’re in the market for a simple yet upgraded coffee maker that goes beyond the basics, consider the Ninja CE251 Programmable Coffee Maker.
It’s a 12-cup coffee machine that offers custom brew strengths and a hotter brewing process, ensuring your coffee is not just hot but full of flavor without any bitterness.
What sets the CE251 apart is its practicality.
It comes with a 24-hour programmable delay brew function, an adjustable warming plate, and a user-friendly 60-oz. removable water reservoir for easy filling.
While it may not be packed with advanced features, that’s precisely its charm.
With the CE251, you have two brew styles to choose from, Classic and Rich, and the flexibility to brew a full carafe or a smaller batch of regular coffee.
It’s worth noting that a full carafe takes a bit longer at around 15 minutes, so if you’re in a hurry, this might not be the best choice for you.
However, it offers great value for money, delivering coffee that’s close to premium quality and offering a range of convenient features, all for an affordable price of around $80.
- Simple and straightforward design
- Custom brew strengths for flavorful coffee
- Programmable delay brew function
- Adjustable warming plate
- Convenient 60-oz. removable water reservoir
- Affordable price (around $80)
- Longer brew time for a full carafe (15 minutes)
- May lack advanced features for some users
- Lots of plastic used
Ninja CF080Z Coffee Maker With Glass Carafe
While the Ninja 10-Cup Specialty Coffee Maker CM401 has taken the spotlight, we couldn’t resist exploring the features of its predecessor, the Ninja Coffee Bar.
If you happen to stumble upon this machine, you might snag a good deal!
The Ninja CF080Z Coffee Maker is a versatile coffee brewing system bundled with a 43-oz. glass carafe.
What sets it apart is the Intelligent Warming Plate beneath the carafe, which automatically adjusts the temperature to keep your coffee at the perfect sipping warmth.
This coffee maker offers a plethora of options for crafting your ideal coffee.
It’s user-friendly, allowing you to brew up to 8 cups in one go.
The Auto-iQ One-Touch Intelligence takes the guesswork out by precisely delivering the right amount of water at the ideal time based on your chosen size and brew type.
You have the freedom to choose your Size—Cup, Travel Mug, Half Carafe, or Full Carafe—and brew directly into your preferred cup or mug, or use the carafe.
With Brew options like Classic, Rich, Over Ice, and Specialty, you can whip up a variety of hot, iced, or frozen blended coffeehouse-style drinks.
The Ninja CF080Z Coffee Maker comes with a milk frother, an 18oz. insulated tumbler, hot & cold cups, 5 paper filters, a permanent coffee filter, a coffee scoop, and a recipe book featuring 40 creative coffee ideas.
The only downside we found is that the milk frother is separate and not attached to the machine.
Additionally, there’s no K-cup option available.
- Versatile coffee brewing options
- Intelligent Warming Plate for optimal temperature
- User-friendly with Auto-iQ One-Touch Intelligence
- Customizable brew size and style choices
- Includes milk frother and useful accessories
- Can brew up to 8 cups in one cycle
- Separate milk frother, not attached
- No K-cup option is available
- Considered an older model
What Are The Different Types Of Ninja Coffee Makers?
Ninja offers a range of coffee makers, each with its own unique set of features.
Here are some popular models:
- Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker: This is a fan-favorite known for its fold-away milk frothers, stylish removable water reservoirs, and eco-friendly reusable filters.
- Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System: This versatile machine is a coffee and tea lover’s dream, delivering naturally sweet cold brew in just 10 minutes, among other options.
- Ninja CE251: If you’re looking for a reliable and affordable coffee maker that gets the job done without fuss, the CE251 is a solid choice.
- Ninja Coffee Bar: For those who want versatility, the Coffee Bar can brew drip coffee, lattes with frothed milk, hot tea, and refreshing iced beverages, making it a true all-in-one coffee maker.
Buyer’s Guide: Key Factors to Consider When Buying a Ninja Coffee Maker
When shopping for a Ninja coffee maker, you want to make sure you’re selecting the right model to suit your coffee brewing needs.
Ninja offers a variety of coffee makers with unique features, so it’s essential to consider several key factors before making your purchase decision.
Brewing Capacity and Size
The first factor to consider is how much coffee you typically brew and the available space in your kitchen.
Ninja coffee makers come in different sizes, with some capable of brewing single servings, while others can brew multiple cups at once.
If you have limited counter space or typically brew only for yourself, a compact model may suffice.
On the other hand, if you frequently entertain guests or have a large household, a larger-capacity Ninja coffee maker may be more suitable.
Brewing Options and Versatility
Ninja coffee makers offer various brewing options to cater to your coffee preferences.
Consider whether you want a machine that can brew classic drip coffee, specialty coffee, cold brew, or iced coffee.
Some models also include tea brewing options.
Look for a Ninja coffee maker that provides the versatility you desire in terms of brew styles and types.
If you enjoy milk-based coffee drinks like lattes and cappuccinos, pay attention to the frothing capabilities of the Ninja coffee maker.
Some models come with built-in frothers, while others may include separate frothing accessories.
Choose a coffee maker that aligns with your frothing needs and preferences.
Programmability and Convenience
Consider how much control you want over your brewing process.
Some Ninja coffee makers offer programmable features such as delayed brewing, so you can wake up to a freshly brewed pot of coffee.
Others have intuitive controls for adjusting brew strength and size.
Think about your daily routine and how much convenience and customization you need.
Carafe Type and Warming Plate
Ninja coffee makers come with different types of carafes, including glass and thermal (stainless steel).
Glass carafes are visually appealing and typically more affordable, but they may require a warming plate to keep the coffee hot.
Thermal carafes, on the other hand, can keep coffee hot without a warming plate and are ideal for those who want to avoid burnt coffee flavors.
Accessories and Extras
Ninja often includes accessories and extras with their coffee makers.
These may include milk frothers, travel mugs, recipe books, and reusable filters.
Evaluate whether these additional items align with your brewing preferences and add value to your purchase.
Price and Budget
Last but not least, consider your budget.
Ninja offers coffee makers at various price points, so it’s important to find a model that meets your brewing needs without exceeding your budget.
Keep in mind that while some high-end models offer advanced features, more affordable options can still produce great coffee.
How To Clean A Ninja Coffee Maker Effectively
Here’s an easy-to-follow guide on how to clean your Ninja Coffee Maker effectively:
- Let your coffee maker cool down after brewing. Then, get rid of the paper filter and used coffee grounds. If you have a permanent filter, empty it and give it a wash with warm, soapy water.
- Don’t forget to wash the milk frother whisk each time you use it.
- Make it a habit to clean your coffee maker every time you brew coffee.
- Mix some descaling solution or white vinegar with water, and pour this mixture into the water reservoir.
- Now, press the “clean” button on your Ninja Coffee Maker to start a cleaning cycle.
- Once the cycle is done, remove the carafe and empty out the water-vinegar solution.
- Give the carafe and brew basket a good wash with warm, soapy water. Rinse them thoroughly. Do the same for the coffee bar water reservoir.
- To make sure there’s no leftover soap or vinegar, fill the water reservoir with clean water and run two brew cycles without coffee grounds.
Other Things To Note
You can also clean all the removable parts by hand with mild detergent or toss them in the dishwasher’s top rack.
It’s also a good idea to clean your Ninja Coffee Maker once a week, and don’t forget to descale it when the “clean” light comes on.
Using A Ninja Coffee Maker Effectively
To get the most out of your Ninja coffee maker, there are a few simple steps to follow.
First and foremost, keep your machine in good shape by cleaning and descaling it regularly.
This helps maintain its performance.
Next, when you’re brewing your coffee, be sure to use the right amount of coffee grounds.
Using too much or too little can affect the taste.
It’s also a good idea to choose the brew size and strength that suits your preferences.
For the tastiest coffee, use freshly roasted and ground coffee beans. This makes a big difference in flavor.
The Ninja Coffee Bar system is quite versatile. It’s not just for regular coffee; you can also use it to make lattes, macchiatos, and cappuccinos.
One of the great things about Ninja coffee makers is that they’ll alert you if something’s not quite right.
For example, if you didn’t push in the brew basket all the way or forgot to fill the water tank, the Ninja will politely beep and show a message on the screen, so you’ll know what needs attention.
What Ninja Coffee Maker Should I Buy?
After thorough research and testing, we’ve selected the Ninja CM401 Specialty 10-Cup Coffee Maker as the Best Overall Ninja coffee maker.
Its versatility, ease of use, and consistent coffee quality make it a top choice for both casual coffee drinkers and aficionados alike.
Whether you prefer classic drip coffee or indulgent specialty brews, this Ninja coffee maker has you covered.
Plus, its range of convenient features, including a fold-away frother and multiple brew sizes, add to its appeal.
For a reliable and enjoyable coffee experience, the Ninja CM401 stands out as the best option in the Ninja coffee maker lineup.
Is a ninja coffee maker worth it?
Absolutely, Ninja coffee makers are worth the investment, especially for individuals seeking versatility and advanced features.
The Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker, with its multiple brewing options, sizes, and built-in milk frother, caters to diverse brewing preferences.
It’s a valuable choice for those who appreciate the ability to switch between a full carafe and a travel mug.
While Ninja coffee makers may not be the cheapest options, they deliver substantial value given their feature-rich designs.
If you’re after simplicity with advanced capabilities, the Ninja CE251 Programmable Coffee Maker is also an excellent choice.
Ninja coffee makers provide versatility and quality that make them a worthwhile investment for coffee enthusiasts.
Which Ninja coffee maker makes tea?
The Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System® with Thermal Carafe can make tea.
This brewing system offers an array of coffee and tea options, including cold brew coffee and tea, and separate coffee and tea baskets to keep flavors separate.
It also has a tea-type setting that allows you to select your tea type and the system knows the temperature and number of steeps needed.
The system recognizes the basket and displays coffee or tea drink options, and it comes with a 50 oz. (10-Cup) Double-Walled Thermal Carafe that keeps your coffee and tea hot for up to 2 hours without requiring a warming plate