In the world of coffee, there’s a flavor that adds warmth and comfort to your daily brew: cinnamon.
The combination of rich coffee and the aromatic spice of cinnamon creates a delightful, cozy cup of joe that’s perfect for those who love a touch of sweetness and spice in their morning routine.
But with so many coffee brands out there, how do you find the perfect cinnamon-infused coffee? That’s where we come in.
We’ve scoured the coffee market to bring you the crème de la crème of cinnamon coffees.
In this post, we’ll introduce you to the 7 best cinnamon coffee brands that will make your mornings a little bit sweeter and a whole lot spicier.
7 Best Cinnamon Coffee Brands
- Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Flavored Ground Coffee: Best Overall
- Bright and Early Texas Cinnamon Ground Coffee: Runner-Up
- Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll K-Cups: Best Cinnamon K Cups
- Crazy Cups Cinnamon French Toast Flavored Ground Coffee: Best Natural Flavor
- Don Francisco’s Cinnamon Hazelnut Medium Roast Ground Coffee: Best Value
- Dunkin’ Cinnamania Flavored Ground Coffee: Best Budget Option
- Café De Olla Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Ground Coffee: Best Mexican Coffee
1. Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Flavored Ground Coffee: Best Overall
Looking for the best cinnamon-flavored coffee? Well, look no further because Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Flavored Coffee takes the top spot in our cinnamon coffee lineup.
It’s all about fresh flavors and organic goodness here.
Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Flavored Ground Coffee brings you the natural taste of cinnamon, butter, and brown sugar in every sip.
This coffee is a lighter roast, which means it’s not too overpowering, and its smoothness complements the coffee’s mellow character perfectly.
What’s great is that it’s made from 100% Arabica coffee beans, and you can find it in various sizes and packaging options to suit your needs.
Whether you brew your coffee using a drip brewer, coffee press, pour-over, or a moka pot, Starbucks coffee is ground perfectly to make your daily ritual a breeze.
Plus, it’s worth noting that Starbucks is dedicated to sourcing its coffee ethically, working in partnership with Conservation International.
- Rich cinnamon flavor
- Made with organic ingredients
- Lighter roast, balanced taste
- 100% Arabica coffee beans
- Suitable for various brewing methods
- Ethical coffee sourcing
- Some customers received coffee beans with a short shelf life
- Occasional issues with damaged or crushed packaging upon delivery
2. Bright and Early Texas Cinnamon Ground Coffee: Runner-Up
In the runner-up spot, we have Bright and Early Coffee’s Cinnamon Ground Coffee.
There’s so much to love about this brew!
Bright and Early Texas Cinnamon Ground Coffee is a medium roast Arabica coffee that’s all about freshly ground cinnamon goodness.
With 100% Arabica beans, it delivers a rich and bold flavor that’s sure to delight your taste buds.
The magic ingredient? A smooth and natural cinnamon flavor from Sri Lanka that’s like a trip down memory lane to the best cinnamon roll you’ve ever had.
Behind this aromatic experience is Bright and Early Coffee, a Texas-based company with nearly a century of coffee expertise.
Whether you prefer your coffee regular or decaf, they’ve got you covered in various sizes to suit your needs.
Brew it up with ease using your trusty automatic drip machine or a French press.
What sets it apart? The coffee is expertly ground with special flavor grinders to lock in maximum flavor.
And here’s the cherry on top – customers have been raving about its unique flavor and top-notch quality.
Worried about added sugar? Don’t be.
This coffee is sugar-free and comes in a convenient 2.5lb bag.
So, if you’re in the mood for a cinnamon-infused coffee that’ll transport your taste buds to cinnamon roll heaven, Bright and Early Coffee has your back.
- Made with 100% Arabica beans
- Smooth, natural cinnamon flavor from Sri Lanka
- Produced by a well-established Texas-based company
- Versatile brewing methods (drip machine, French press)
- Expertly ground for maximum flavor
- Availability may vary
- The flavor is good but falls short of being exceptional for some
3. Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll K-Cups: Best Cinnamon K Cups
Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll K-Cups are the ultimate choice for all you pod coffee lovers out there, especially if you own a Keurig K-Cup pod, a single-serve coffee maker.
These single-serve coffee pods are the answer to your cinnamon coffee cravings.
Picture this: a swirl of cinnamon, brown sugar, and frosting, all wrapped up in a single cup of coffee.
It’s a flavor explosion that’s bound to make your taste buds dance with joy.
This light roast coffee is not just rich in flavor; it’s also packed with caffeine, making it the perfect pick-me-up for your mornings.
The secret? 100% Arabica beans and a generous dose of cinnamon flavorings that ensure each sip oozes with that classic cinnamon roll taste.
And here’s the best part – it’s not overly sweet, striking the perfect balance.
What’s more, these K-Cups are certified by the Orthodox Union as Kosher.
And if you’re eco-conscious, you’ll love to know that these K-Cup pods are now recyclable.
So, once you’ve savored every drop of your coffee, simply empty and peel the pod and toss it into the recycling bin.
Available in packs of 12, 24, or 48, Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll K-Cups bring the iconic cinnamon roll flavor to your morning routine, one cup at a time.
- Compatible with Keurig K-Cup single-serve coffee makers
- A delicious swirl of cinnamon, brown sugar, and frosting
- Rich and flavorful light roast coffee
- Made with 100% Arabica beans and a classic cinnamon flavor
- Orthodox Union Kosher certified
- Now recyclable for eco-friendliness
- Some customers say that it tastes like cinnamon in watered-down coffee
- Limited customization options due to the K-Cup format
4. Crazy Cups Cinnamon French Toast Flavored Ground Coffee: Best Natural Flavor
Crazy Cups Cinnamon French Toast Flavored Ground Coffee is a medium roast brew that’s like a decadent slice of cinnamon French toast with a touch of maple syrup.
These coffee beans go through a meticulous process.
First, they’re roasted in small batches to achieve that perfect medium smoothness.
Then, they’re given a simple coating of natural and artificial flavoring to capture that irresistible taste.
You can enjoy this flavored coffee in 10 oz bags, perfect for brewing hot or iced coffee.
But that’s not all – Crazy Cups also offers this flavor in Keurig-compatible capsules for your convenience.
Now, here’s what sets this coffee apart: it’s naturally flavored without any allergens.
That’s right, Crazy Cups uses all-natural flavors and doesn’t add any sugar.
As a result, this medium roast coffee is a calorie-free, gluten-free, lactose-free, non-dairy, sugar-free, nut-free, vegan, and kosher pareve option.
Crazy Cups takes pride in its artisan-roasted specialty coffee.
They use all-natural flavors to bring you a rich coffee taste and surprisingly bold flavors in every cup.
So, if you’re looking for a guilt-free way to enjoy the taste of cinnamon French toast, this coffee has got you covered.
- Decadent cinnamon French toast and maple syrup flavor
- Roasted in small batches for a smooth medium roast
- Available in 10 oz bags and Keurig-compatible capsules
- All-natural flavors, no added sugar
- Calorie-free, gluten-free, lactose-free, non-dairy, sugar-free, nut-free, vegan, and kosher pareve
- The flavor lacks depth and intensity, as noted by some customers
- Some customers found the absence of a distinct cinnamon taste disappointing
5. Don Francisco’s Cinnamon Hazelnut Medium Roast Ground Coffee: Best Value
For those seeking the best value without compromising on quality, Don Francisco’s Cinnamon Hazelnut Medium Roast Ground Coffee deserves a prime spot on your radar.
Here’s why this coffee should be on your must-try list.
Don Francisco’s Coffee isn’t just any coffee; it’s a family-crafted tradition that spans over 150 years.
Their Cinnamon Hazelnut Medium Roast Ground Coffee is the epitome of flavor and aroma.
Picture a delightful blend with nutty notes and a sweet cinnamon scent that’s sure to tantalize your senses.
What’s brewing inside? 100% Arabica beans artfully infused with natural and artificial flavors.
The result? A medium roast that’s versatile enough for your French press, pour-over, or trusty drip coffee maker.
You’ll find it conveniently packaged in a 12 oz can, readily available both online and in stores.
These recyclable steel cans are designed to preserve the coffee’s freshness and aroma, ensuring that every cup is a delightful experience.
And if you’re stocking up, they offer 6-pack and 3-pack options.
Don Francisco’s Coffee isn’t just about great taste; they’re committed to sustainability and eco-friendly practices.
They source their coffee from the world’s best coffee-growing regions and roast it right here in the USA.
So, when you sip on their coffee, you’re also supporting a greener footprint.
And the best part? Don Francisco’s Coffee caters to your coffee preferences in various forms – bags, cans, coffee pods, cold brews, and espresso capsules.
They’ve got it all, making it easy to enjoy premium coffee just the way you like it.
- Excellent value for money
- The nutty and sweet cinnamon flavor
- Made with 100% Arabica beans
- Available in recyclable steel cans (12 oz, 6-pack, 3-pack)
- Commitment to sustainability and eco-friendly practices
- The coffee’s bitterness might not suit everyone’s taste
- A few customers feel that the cinnamon flavor could be more pronounced
6. Dunkin’ Cinnamania Flavored Ground Coffee: Best Budget Option
Experience the joy of brewing your favorite blends right in the comfort of your own home with Dunkin’ Cinnamania Coffee.
Let’s dive into what makes this coffee a delightful choice.
Dunkin’, a brand that’s been brightening coffee lovers’ days since 1950, brings you a rich and flavorful coffee that’s sure to satisfy your caffeine cravings.
And here’s the bonus – it won’t break the bank; it’s one of the best budget-friendly options out there.
Dunkin’ Cinnamania Flavored Ground Coffee is a coffee product that’s artificially flavored to capture the essence of a cinnamon roll.
Crafted from 100% premium Arabica coffee beans, you can find it conveniently packaged in an 11 oz bag.
The coffee comes pre-ground, making it a breeze to brew – whether you prefer a single cup or a whole pot – using any coffee maker you have on hand.
With every sip, you’ll savor the bakery-fresh taste of cinnamon, no need for a fresh-baked bun.
It’s like indulging in a sweet treat, all from the comfort of your own kitchen.
- Enjoy Dunkin’ coffee at home
- Budget-friendly option
- Rich and flavorful coffee
- Made with 100% premium Arabica beans
- Captures the taste of a cinnamon roll
- Despite its name, some people believe the coffee lacks a distinct cinnamon flavor
- Being artificially flavored may deter certain coffee enthusiasts
7. Café De Olla Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Ground Coffee: Best Mexican Coffee
Savor the taste of Mexico with Café De Olla Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Ground Coffee.
This Mexican spiced coffee brings together real coffee, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a dark roast blend.
It’s pre-ground and ready for your brewer, ensuring a hassle-free coffee experience.
What’s even better is the simplicity of its ingredients – no artificial flavors or preservatives.
Just pure, all-natural goodness to craft a flavorful and aromatic Café De Olla with the sweet essence of Mexico.
You can find it in two sizes: 12-ounce bags for convenience or 5-pound bags for the avid coffee enthusiast.
And the good news is, it’s readily available for purchase on Amazon, Walmart, and La Monarca Bakery’s website.
Speaking of La Monarca Bakery, they’re the creators behind Café De Olla, and they’re not just about great coffee.
They’re also dedicated to making a positive impact.
For every purchase of this product, they donate 1% to help protect and preserve the Monarch Butterfly Habitat in Mexico.
So, when you enjoy your cup of Café De Olla, you’re also contributing to a worthy cause.
- Authentic Mexican spiced coffee
- Real coffee, cinnamon, and brown sugar blend
- Dark roast, pre-ground for convenience
- Simple, all-natural ingredients
- 1% of purchase goes towards preserving Monarch Butterfly Habitat in Mexico
- The coffee grind might be coarser than expected for some customers
- The sweetness level may be too high for certain tastes
- Various defective packaging issues such as damages and spills
Buyer’s Guide: Choosing the Best Cinnamon Coffee
When seeking the perfect cinnamon coffee to elevate your daily brew, several key factors come into play.
Each factor contributes to the overall quality and enjoyment of your coffee experience.
Here’s a comprehensive guide to help you make an informed choice:
There are different varieties of cinnamon, such as Ceylon and Cassia.
Ceylon cinnamon is often considered superior, boasting a sweeter and more delicate flavor.
In contrast, Cassia cinnamon is more commonly used and leans towards a spicier taste.
Your choice of cinnamon type can significantly impact the flavor of your coffee.
Coffee Bean Type
The two primary coffee bean types are Arabica and Robusta.
Arabica beans are favored for their high quality and sweeter, more complex flavor.
Robusta beans, on the other hand, offer a stronger, slightly bitter taste.
You can also explore unique options like Liberica and Excelsa, each with its distinct flavor profile.
Coffee beans are roasted to various levels, influencing their flavor profile.
Light roasts tend to be more acidic and milder, while dark roasts deliver a robust and somewhat bitter experience.
Medium roasts strike a pleasant balance.
For cinnamon coffee, medium to dark roasts are often chosen to enhance the cinnamon flavor.
The flavor profile of cinnamon coffee can vary widely based on factors like cinnamon type, coffee bean type, and roast level.
Some cinnamon coffees offer a sweet and delicate flavor, while others lean towards a spicier, bolder taste.
Your own taste preferences should guide your selection.
The grind size of coffee beans is crucial in determining the coffee’s flavor.
Fine grinds are typically used for espresso, while coarser grinds are ideal for drip coffee.
Consider your caffeine tolerance and daily consumption preferences.
Some cinnamon coffees may have higher or lower caffeine content, so check the label if this is a factor for you.
Research the reputation of coffee brands.
Established and reputable brands are more likely to prioritize quality and consistency, ensuring a satisfying cinnamon coffee experience.
Price & Availability
Evaluate the price of your chosen cinnamon coffee in relation to your budget.
Additionally, consider its availability, especially if you plan to make it a regular part of your coffee routine.
Don’t hesitate to experiment with different combinations of cinnamon types, coffee bean types, roast levels, and grind sizes.
This process allows you to craft your ideal cinnamon coffee blend, perfectly suited to your taste buds.
Is Adding Cinnamon To Coffee Good For You?
Certainly! Adding cinnamon to your coffee can have several health benefits.
Here’s why it can be a good choice:
- Antioxidant-Rich: Cinnamon is packed with antioxidants and beneficial compounds that can help protect your body from oxidative stress and damage.
- Blood Sugar Control: Cinnamon has been shown to support better blood sugar control, making it a helpful addition for those concerned about diabetes or blood sugar spikes.
- Heart Health: It can contribute to a healthier heart by reducing total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and triglyceride levels while increasing HDL cholesterol levels.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Cinnamon possesses anti-inflammatory properties that can alleviate inflammation in tissues and joints.
- Cognitive Benefits: Some studies suggest that cinnamon can improve cognitive function, enhancing brain performance, and even motor responses.
- Sugar Alternative: Cinnamon can act as a natural sweetener for your coffee, imparting a sweet flavor without the added calories and negative effects of sugar.
- Post-Meal Blood Sugar: It has the potential to lower the post-meal rise in blood sugar levels, making it beneficial after meals.
What Goes With Cinnamon In Coffee?
When it comes to enhancing the flavor of your coffee with cinnamon, you have a variety of wonderful combinations to consider.
First and foremost, cinnamon pairs exceptionally well with darker roasts, as it can effectively cut through the bitterness while adding a delightful touch of sweetness to your cup.
You can incorporate cinnamon into your coffee in different ways to achieve your desired taste.
For a robust cinnamon flavor, try sprinkling ground cinnamon on top of the coffee grounds before brewing.
If you prefer a milder infusion, consider adding cinnamon sticks to your coffee after it’s brewed; they can also serve as convenient stirrers.
Additionally, you can explore cinnamon syrup for a sweeter and more pronounced cinnamon taste.
When making a cold brew, adding a cinnamon stick to the brewing process can lend a refreshing and aromatic twist.
If you’re feeling adventurous, don’t hesitate to experiment with other spices like cardamom, allspice, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, star anise, or cacao nibs to create unique and delightful flavor combinations.
Lastly, for a delightful pairing, enjoy cinnamon rolls with coffee of South American origin, known for their nuttier flavor profile and compatibility with medium to medium-dark roasts.
Incorporating cinnamon into your coffee routine can be a delicious and aromatic way to elevate your daily brew.
Can I Put Cinnamon In My Coffee Every Day?
Yes, you can absolutely put cinnamon in your coffee every day if you enjoy the flavor and potential health benefits it offers.
Cinnamon is generally considered safe for daily consumption in moderate amounts.
It can add a delightful and aromatic twist to your coffee, and many people find it a tasty and healthy addition to their daily routine.
How Much Cinnamon Should I Put In My Coffee?
The ideal amount of cinnamon to put in your coffee is typically a generous pinch or approximately 1/4 teaspoon per cup.
However, the quantity of cinnamon you add is ultimately a matter of personal taste.
If you enjoy a sweeter coffee, cinnamon can also serve as a sugar substitute to enhance the flavor.
Moreover, you can explore different recipes that incorporate cinnamon to create homemade coffee creamers or syrups, allowing you to customize your coffee just the way you like it.
What Are The Different Types of Cinnamon Coffee?
Ground cinnamon is the most popular option, as it offers a strong and flavorful infusion into the coffee grounds before brewing.
Cinnamon-infused coffee grounds are also an option, allowing for a more subtle flavor experience.
Pre-flavored coffees offer the convenience of having your desired cinnamon taste already blended in with your favorite blend of beans.
You can also add a small pinch of ground cinnamon to your coffee or use cinnamon sticks as stir sticks.
Cinnamon coffee can be enjoyed hot or cold and can be made with both instant and ground coffee beans.
How to Make Cinnamon Coffee at Home
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make cinnamon coffee at home:
- Coffee grounds
- Ground cinnamon
- Milk (optional)
- Sugar (optional)
- Brew Your Coffee: Start by brewing your coffee as you normally would. Whether you prefer a drip coffee maker, a French press, or any other brewing method, go ahead and make your coffee.
- Cinnamon Infusion: While your coffee is brewing, take the opportunity to infuse it with cinnamon. Mix ground cinnamon into the coffee grounds. A good rule of thumb is about 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon for every 4 tablespoons of coffee grounds. Stir them together to ensure an even distribution.
- Pour and Customize: Once your coffee is ready, pour it into your favorite mug. At this point, you can add milk and sugar to your liking if you desire a creamier or sweeter taste. Adjust the quantities to match your taste preferences.
- Stir and Enjoy: Give your coffee a good stir to make sure the cinnamon is thoroughly blended in. This ensures that you get that delightful cinnamon flavor with each sip.
- Savor Your Homemade Cinnamon Coffee: Now, sit back and enjoy your freshly brewed homemade cinnamon coffee. It’s a flavorful and aromatic treat right in the comfort of your home.
Bonus Tip: Cinnamon Coffee Creamer
If you want to take your cinnamon coffee to the next level, consider making a cinnamon coffee creamer.
Simply combine cinnamon, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and milk.
Store this creamer in the refrigerator in an airtight jar, and you can add it to your coffee whenever you desire a creamy and cinnamon-infused cup.
The Verdict: Which Cinnamon Coffee Is Best?
Our top pick for the best cinnamon coffee is Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Flavored Ground Coffee.
Its fresh, organic ingredients, coupled with the delightful notes of cinnamon, butter, and brown sugar, make it a standout choice.
With a commitment to ethical coffee sourcing and versatility in brewing methods, Starbucks offers a premium cinnamon coffee experience.
As the runner-up, Bright and Early Texas Cinnamon Ground Coffee impresses with its medium roast Arabica beans and the perfect hint of cinnamon reminiscent of a classic cinnamon roll.
With a century-long tradition, it’s a flavorful and reliable choice for cinnamon coffee enthusiasts.
What is the best type of cinnamon for cinnamon coffee?
While personal preference plays a role, Ceylon cinnamon is often favored for its sweeter, milder flavor, making it an excellent choice for cinnamon coffee.
Are there any health considerations with cinnamon coffee?
Cinnamon coffee can have health benefits, but if you have allergies or sensitivities, check for allergen warnings.
Also, be mindful of added sugar content if you’re watching your sugar intake.
How does the roast level affect the taste of cinnamon coffee?
Roast level significantly impacts flavor.
Light roasts are milder and more acidic, while dark roasts offer a bolder taste.
Medium roasts strike a balanced flavor profile.
Can I use cinnamon coffee with any brewing method?
Yes, cinnamon coffee can be used with various brewing methods, including drip coffee makers, French presses, and more.
Ensure the coffee you choose is compatible with your preferred method.
Are there any caffeine-free options for cinnamon coffee?
Some cinnamon coffees may offer decaffeinated versions, providing a caffeine-free option for those who prefer it.
Check the label for caffeine content details.